3 Tuners kinda stinks.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
this is Bullsh!t its not as good as they advertise they make people think you can record up to 6 shows which is a lie because if you are watching tv it takes up the tuner so for a tv in the bedroom watching tv is one tuner and then a tv in the living room watching tv is the second tuner that leaves 1 tuner for recording which sucks and primetime anytime nobody uses that sh*t how can primetime anytime record that many shows using one tuner they should allow you to record other channels using that one tuner

Nobody uses ptat? Do you have the numbers to back that up? You are 100 percent wrong. There is a solid percent of hopper users who use ptat and enjoy it. Just because you don't use it doesn't mean no one else does.

Punctuation could be your friend... :)

The idea is to not watch much live, the whole idea of the Hopper/Joey (and HR34/C31) setups is to watch everything delayed by some amount.

For instance, if you watch delayed, you could have 3 people watching and no tuner being used at all. Or 3 watching delayed and 3 recordings going on (6 during PTAT times). Actually it would be 4 watching at once with no tuner involved.

As for who uses primetime anytime? Well, lots here would disagree with your assessment of that!

And BTW, if 2 are watching live, you could either let the 3rd tuner do PTAT recordings of the 4 locals, OR use it to record something you wanted instead. PTAT is not mandatory.

this is Bullsh!t its not as good as they advertise they make people think you can record up to 6 shows which is a lie because if you are watching tv it takes up the tuner so for a tv in the bedroom watching tv is one tuner and then a tv in the living room watching tv is the second tuner that leaves 1 tuner for recording which sucks and primetime anytime nobody uses that sh*t how can primetime anytime record that many shows using one tuner they should allow you to record other channels using that one tuner

I'll admit that Dish is very misleading with the recording 6 shows but technically it does so they are not lying. I think you should have done a little more research on here first. That, or you should've gone to a retailer and told them exactly what you were looking for so they can set you up with what you need. I can understand why you would be a little upset but I'm a believer that customers should be partially responsible for educating themselves a bit.

Addition: PTAT is pretty awesome and I think it's been better received by customers than anyone ever thought it would on here. I love using it.

We use PTAT most of the week, I turn it off on the weekend, so that adds other tuner and wth a two Hopper set up, shared recordings work fine. Plus what some who have two Hoppers do, is keep PTAT off on one Hopper and access those recordings from the other Hopper. thus having the three tuners available

Though I am thankful for the satellite guys website that provided good information on the Hopper prior to release. with the Information that came out, I knew my set up had to be two Hopper/One Joey and not....One Hopper/two Joey

I use ptat for all days of the week except Saturday. I also go into my PTAT folder and delete all shows I don't watch daily to clear up the clutter . I often catch up on all the shows I miss during the week on Saturdays and finish up by Sunday ,just in time for the Sunday nite shows and Walking Dead. Using PTAT has eliminated the need for around 36 timers that I used to have to maintain, to do what I do with the one tuner and PTAT folder. My wife has her hopper and she does the same thing. Works great since we are on different work schedules and are rarely off at the same time to watch tv together.

tech_guru said:

Drunk/incoherent rants make me laugh...

I think someone needs to shake some logic & facts salt on this slug rant and watch it shrivel up to nothing.

he doesn't talk like a tech guru.

Last edited:

I use PTAT for every day but Saturday and Sunday. Its suits our needs just fine. You do not have to enable PTAT and then that tuner is free. Add an OTA tuner and you have 4. Again it meets our needs.

I use PTAT from Monday through Friday. There is nothing that want to watch on Saturday and only one thing on Sunday. I just set a timer for it at 10PM....

Someone needs their fingers washed out with soap...

Hint: Swearing doesn't make you sound very smart...

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

I must admit, I don't use PTAT as much as I thought I would. So far, just on Sunday night. Really not much on the networks I watch that I can't cover with the regular tuners, especially now with the OTA dongle/tuner. As of now, very content with just the one Hopper.

Speaking of PTAT.

PTAT works because all the locals for one spotbeam are on the same transponder. So it gets the whole mux.

Dish really needs to consider this, if someone wants to record 6 channels on the same TP, they should be allowed to, I see PTAT's 6 channel recording PER tuner being used for other channels.

WOW. Don't know where to even start, cause it wouldn't do any good regardless.

Speaking of PTAT.

PTAT works because all the locals for one spotbeam are on the same transponder. So it gets the whole mux.

Dish really needs to consider this, if someone wants to record 6 channels on the same TP, they should be allowed to, I see PTAT's 6 channel recording PER tuner being used for other channels.

I don't claim to know satellite technology that well....but I am a bit confused