30skip not always working

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dongurian

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2011
AZ
Has anyone noticed in the last month that there are certain ads that will not let you skip? You can FF but no skipping allowed. Always the same ads. I wonder if DTV is charging advertisers a bit more for this feature?

oh I've had the CE software for a while now so I dont know if its specific commercials for me. I just notice it does it randomly

dongurian said:
Has anyone noticed in the last month that there are certain ads that will not let you skip? You can FF but no skipping allowed. Always the same ads. I wonder if DTV is charging advertisers a bit more for this feature?

Always the same ads ?

Which ones, I haven't come across this issue with any of the Prime Time pprogramming I Record .... mostly CBS I Record though.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

The first time it happened it was a DTV ad which is why I think they can control it.

Always the same ads ?

Which ones, I haven't come across this issue with any of the Prime Time pprogramming I Record .... mostly CBS I Record though.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

For me it always happens on the October is Lesbian, Bi, Gay Alliance month, and whatever commercial occurs directly after that. I've also seen it on a DirecTV NFL commercial with the fairy guy flying around telling us to watch every game. However that one is a hit or a miss. Sometimes 30sec skip is disabled for that ad, while other times it's not. But it's disabled 100% of the time for the LBGA commercial that runs on any of the Discovery Networks, NBC Universal networks and Turner Networks. Never on locals though, and I don't think I've ever seen it on non-HD channels.

I've also seen it on a DirecTV NFL commercial with the fairy guy flying around telling us to watch every game. However that one is a hit or a miss.
the fairy guy is Deion Sanders ;)
and I've never run into that one where I couldnt skip through it

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)