3D in 2012 -- May send me to DirecTv

Hyperbole much? As others have correctly pointed out, when the above incorrect statement has been posted elsewhere, DirecTV has merely changed ONE full-time 3D channel to a part-time 3D event channel. Their other 3D offerings remain the same, which remains head and shoulders above Dish's.

ESPN is probably going to kill their channel too though.

And that would be ESPN's fault for slacking on providing new content like they were till early this year.

but espn claims monday night football will be in 3d when the new contract kicks in 2014.

we have summer x games this weekend and wimbledon semis and finals next week.

Just checked and Dish is the only one of 4 MSO's that does not offer ESPN 3D here. Actually they are the only one that does not offer any 3D channels.

3D is another topic that really stirs people up. The only 3D I've really enjoyed has been movies in IMAX 3D, no loss of brightness and the very large screen helps the feeling of immersion. I thought Prometheus was spectacular and so was The Avengers. Both would have looked great in 2D also. The few regular 3D movies I've seen have left me unimpressed, dim picture and reduced screen size don't help. My 82 inch Mitsu is 3D ready, but to me it's not worth the extra expense.

The highest grossing movies this year are all in 3D. We who have Dish will get the 2D version while every other system, U-Verse, Fios, Directv, and many cable carriers will get the 3D version. For those of us who enjoy 3D, it is just another dissappointment with Dish. It won't kill us. We have lived with no local HD, thus making the hopper technology without OTA a non option. It would be much nicer to have all we want. I am thankful to have a great 3D tv, a 3D BluRay player, and enough funds to be able to buy 3D BluRay discs and enough friends who buy 3D BluRay discs to swap with. Dish is losing all this PPV revenue. It is just another of their poor business decisions.

Maybe it's time for you to switch providers as all the Lubbock network market is now on D*. Not trying to drive you to D* but they just added Fox to their line up and you could probably get a deal. Of course you will lose all the additionally HD channels then.

Maybe it's time for you to switch providers as all the Lubbock network market is now on D*. Not trying to drive you to D* but they just added Fox to their line up and you could probably get a deal. Of course you will lose all the additionally HD channels then.

I was one click away from making the switch to Directv. I had a lot of pros to the switch; 3D , local HD, 5 tuner receiver, each other receiver had their own tuner. However, the cons won out; loss of 2.5 Tbytes of EHD programs ( concerts, war movies, scifi movies, OTA PBS HD programs) that are movable between VIP receivers,loss of Distant networks via local station waivers, no TCM HD, no BBCA HD,and 3 OTA recordable tuners. So I am staying with Dish and hoping they add more 3D and upgrade the Hopper to have OTA recordable tuners and upgrade my locals to HD.

DirecTV cuts 3-D channel from 24-hour to part-time due to lack of programming - The Washington Post

I think this should pretty much put this topic to bed for good. As many of us stated, 3D is just a fad that comes around every few years in some not so veiled attempt to take more money out of our pockets...
It's incredible how you can be wrong in every single post you make. I've never seen that before. Not every single post.

I think the problem may be how you start with actual facts, but then go on to misunderstand, exaggerate, or perhaps even deliberately twist their meaning. It may not be your fault, though, as society itself has gotten to the point where everybody seems to take an extreme stance on every issue, and twisting facts to support their opinion. I miss the days when people would base their opinion on the facts, instead of manipulating facts to support their opnions. (But, luckily, there are a few us who still do that.)

In any case, that article puts nothing to bed, as has been discussed here in this very thread. You would know that if you actually read it. (THat goes for both the thread and the article.)

It's incredible how you can be wrong in every single post you make. I've never seen that before. Not every single post.

I think the problem may be how you start with actual facts, but then go on to misunderstand, exaggerate, or perhaps even deliberately twist their meaning. It may not be your fault, though, as society itself has gotten to the point where everybody seems to take an extreme stance on every issue, and twisting facts to support their opinion. I miss the days when people would base their opinion on the facts, instead of manipulating facts to support their opnions. (But, luckily, there are a few us who still do that.)

In any case, that article puts nothing to bed, as has been discussed here in this very thread. You would know that if you actually read it. (THat goes for both the thread and the article.)

I am happy to supply fodder for you and supply balance for you always knowing everything in your posts. Also, for your information I did read the article.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts