3d Not working.

coinmaster32

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
USA
I tried ordering a 3d movie but got the message "Your display is not compatible with this event".

HUH? I know I don't have a 3DTV, but what about the anaglyph (red cyan) video format? You can use that with all TV's.

There is an HDMI test in the diagnostics section of the Vip722k I just got, that actually tests the HDMI signal to the tv receiver letting you KNOW if it's 3D or even HDCP (encryption) capable. I think that's real cool!

Unfortunately my Olevia 37" tv from 2006 says it's neither, and doesn't even have valid keys. Then again, it is going through a 5 port Chinese HDMI switch, so perhaps that's not compliant and the tv is. I'll have to bypass the switch box and test that theory in the next couple of days.

Anyway, maybe this is a tiny bit off-topic, but if people are having issues with a HDMI tv they could try that test themselves, and perhaps narrow down the problem they are having.

I'm surprised not having a 3D TV would possibly surprise you that you are precluded from watching 3D. :popcorn

This just in....

NBA League Pass doesn't show a single football game. Is Dish trying to say football isn't popular?

There is an HDMI test in the diagnostics section of the Vip722k I just got, that actually tests the HDMI signal to the tv receiver letting you KNOW if it's 3D or even HDCP (encryption) capable. I think that's real cool!

Unfortunately my Olevia 37" tv from 2006 says it's neither, and doesn't even have valid keys. Then again, it is going through a 5 port Chinese HDMI switch, so perhaps that's not compliant and the tv is. I'll have to bypass the switch box and test that theory in the next couple of days.

Anyway, maybe this is a tiny bit off-topic, but if people are having issues with a HDMI tv they could try that test themselves, and perhaps narrow down the problem they are having.

I swapped out my China no-name 5 port HDMI switch for a Blue Jeans Cable 5 port HDMI switch I bought off of Amazon about a month ago, and just didn't switch it earlier.

NOW, the HDMI test on the Vip722k properly detects my monitors HDCP keys as valid, and everything passes the test perfectly. So, MY issue was the China switch didn't pass the signal 100%. That could also be an issue for others if they have a switch like this in-line, and are having a problem where it should work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)