3net To Launch on DIRECTV this Sunday!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
3D is not going to become mainstream....it will fizzle out at least on the home market. I was looking at some of the sets and some don't even come with glasses....and the ones that do are bundle promotion for a short time......I'd rather they add more HD National

It's like 1080p, it'll be standard on all sets, and one can use it if they want. As time goes by, more and more programming will arrive.

Look at 1080p downloads, compared to 4 years ago. Panasonic will have 60" 3D plasma for $2000, Samsung prob even cheaper. 2012 prices will be even lower for 3D, plus glasses cost coming down.

Neat. Samsung has a few fugly designs this year, but they are for folks that already wear glasses.

images

Actually there was a deleted post on the first page of the thread for flaming another member, and it was not Scott that deleted it.

Please don't flame or incite other members johns70.

johns70 said:
Same as before around here.....

If Scott doesn't like a reply he just deletes it....

:rolleyes:

I didnt delete anything, but if your not happy here there is always DBStalk. ;)

tvropro said:
That was true but the masses didn't care. Look at C band, it's way better than any DBS pizza service for picture quality and no rain fade, but the masses didn't care. They ordered over compressed SD and HD lite pizza.

There are so many formats that that have come and gone. The latest and greatest way to get more money out of the consumer lots of times are flop's. If they allowed consumer HD to be transmitted without the massive compression they use there would be no need for 3D TV. If most saw a non bitstarved backhaul feed they would see that eye poping eye candy effect without any stupid glasses or gimmicks. Instead these yahoo's come up with some gimmick that most won't participate in and expect it to become the norm. There's a sucker born every minute.

I'm sorry, but C band is an awful example to use in this context. The size of this Dishes make them next to impossible for condo/apartment folks. And (at least back in the 90s when my parents were considering it) the start up costs were quite steep. Is it any wonder the masses didn't care? "DBS pizza service" came about because entrepreneurs realized that there was a large demographic that was being underserved by existing options (cable, OTA, C band). The winning tech is not always the "best" it's often the one that balances quality with things like consumer convenience.

All that aside, does a non bit starved backhaul feed really look that much better than the 1080p put out by a bluray or hd DVD? My apologies is that is an ignorant question, the last time I saw anything off of C band was long before the advent of HD tv.

So 3net's initial audience via DirecTV will be less than 100,000 potential viewers according to Multichannel News. Fine!

Now Directv how about adding new basic HD channels for your 19 million customers!!!

Better then bitching about us getting a new channel just because you can't use it you cry about it.

The 3net loop they have on right now looks kind of cool. Will have to wait until tonight to see what kind of programming it offers. Also, anyone notice that ESPN3D has yet to populate programming info in the guide. It also goes 24/7 tomorrow.

While I dont have a 3D tv, kudos to the new channel, I am looking to buy a new TV this year, not sure about the 3D stuff though, the glasses part kind of bug me

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)