3net To Launch on DIRECTV this Sunday!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
So is there any way to force an HR22 to record/display a 3D channel when the HR22 correctly determines that the attached HDTV is not yet 3D compatible? I have a Mitsubishi model that I can add a 3D kit to, but I haven't purchased yet, but I'm curious if I could record 3D content ahead of time so that I would have things to watch when I do have that kit.

While I dont have a 3D tv, kudos to the new channel, I am looking to buy a new TV this year, not sure about the 3D stuff though, the glasses part kind of bug me

Good thing about 3D is, even the cheaper sets are getting it now, its optional, and it improved 2D PQ.

Really improved 2D...yeah its amazing how much sharper pictures are. I think I have a nice HD picture with my four year old Toshiba, but recently as I have started to do my research I am seeing some real sharper pictures as of late and I dont have 1080P which I am guessing makes a bit of a difference

It really helped on Plasma, with fast firing phosphors. Plasma 3D will be cheap this year too, they just need to drop the cost of glasses.

So is there any way to force an HR22 to record/display a 3D channel when the HR22 correctly determines that the attached HDTV is not yet 3D compatible? I have a Mitsubishi model that I can add a 3D kit to, but I haven't purchased yet, but I'm curious if I could record 3D content ahead of time so that I would have things to watch when I do have that kit.
My HR24 shows it on my Sony, side by side & you should be able to set timers anyway...

You can record, but it wont display it. Also, your TV may have a software update available for it where you dont need that kit. All you would need is the DLP LInk 3d glasses.

Thats what I read on AVS, very exciting. Reminds me of HD Theater and HDNet back in the good ol days of HD's birth.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)