3rd world installs nightmare!!!

Bilodeaumj

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 1, 2004
San Diego
Thought I'd take some pictures from my latest install. These guys had just been through Installs Inc. latest training but they said that due to budget cut backs based on VOOMS financial crisis, they had to use non-standard equipment:

Day 1 - Installer stated they had to tap a primary power source for the dish and to prevent signal interference the source could not be originating from my house. Unfortunately he didn't have a ladder tall enough to reach the light pole but I thought he did good on improvising:

Day 2 - Since I only use a cell phone the installer had to tap into the nearest phone line. I refused to let him use the set up from Day 1 but again he was able to improvise

Day 3 - I wanted my 2nd room install to have a floorboard cable, which was a problem because of my pool underneath the room. Yet again, the 3rd world ingenuity of Installs Inc. came through.

After VOOMing for one day I've just realized that the VOOM lineup doesn't include a shopping channel so I've called to cancel service. Why won't Installs return my call???...

Attachments

• Lightpole ladder.jpg
    Lightpole ladder.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 487
  • Telephone ladder.jpg
    Telephone ladder.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 304
  • Pool ladder.jpg
    Pool ladder.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 331
Waste of time

Bilodeaumj said:
Thought I'd take some pictures from my latest install. These guys had just been through Installs Inc. latest training but they said that due to budget cut backs based on VOOMS financial crisis, they had to use non-standard equipment:

Day 1 - Installer stated they had to tap a primary power source for the dish and to prevent signal interference the source could not be originating from my house. Unfortunately he didn't have a ladder tall enough to reach the light pole but I thought he did good on improvising:

Day 2 - Since I only use a cell phone the installer had to tap into the nearest phone line. I refused to let him use the set up from Day 1 but again he was able to improvise

Day 3 - I wanted my 2nd room install to have a floorboard cable, which was a problem because of my pool underneath the room. Yet again, the 3rd world ingenuity of Installs Inc. came through.

After VOOMing for one day I've just realized that the VOOM lineup doesn't include a shopping channel so I've called to cancel service. Why won't Installs return my call???...

Maybe you should have checked the channel line-up prior to wasting that techs time and efforts. Really, cancelling your service because you can't spend your money on something from the boob tube? No wonder Installs will
not call you back, they have more important things to deal with besides a spoiled tv shopper. I hope you were on a contract. You won't get the early term fee waived just because you can't get your Home Shopping Network!

this guy has more issue that home shopping network . He has way to much time on his hands to come up with some picture like that sound like he should have spent more time checking out the voom channel line up instead of try to dog his installer.

Just a joke .... yes?

Perhaps the post is a bit of a joke? No?
This entire VOOM forum is getting pretty tightly wound.

ROFLMAO!!!
What a hoot! Whether you like VOOM or not if you have had any dealings with Installs Inc's installers then you've got to see the humor in the original post, unless of course you have no sense of humor.
I've had two Installs Inc installers come out and both wound up using my ladder because they either didn't have one or theirs was too unstable to use (BTW, I install for D*, and with my company if you can't/don't carry atleast a 24' ladder you won't be working there long).

Of course it is a joke which I LOL as well but there is some truth to the joke as well. I always wonder why people go through all the harzard of doing an installation and then disconnect because their "favorite SD/HD channel" was not included. Did anybody bother to check the current line up channels before signing up. Some think that if it is not in the current line up, it will magically show up in about three months but that's not how it works (I have been waiting for Dish Network to add the YES network for two years now). Some people are hard to understand and yes I get the joke but there are good installations guys contracted by Installs Inc that will go out of their way to make things workable. There also bad apples like every where. I have found the same experience with E* installers. The only guys who I never had any problems with were Cable guys. Believe it or not!

uboatcmdr said:
ROFLMAO!!!
What a hoot! Whether you like VOOM or not if you have had any dealings with Installs Inc's installers then you've got to see the humor in the original post, unless of course you have no sense of humor.
I've had two Installs Inc installers come out and both wound up using my ladder because they either didn't have one or theirs was too unstable to use (BTW, I install for D*, and with my company if you can't/don't carry atleast a 24' ladder you won't be working there long).

and if they work for Install they are surpose to have at least 24ft ladder also i can bet you there district mananger does not know that why it didn't get installed.

...Hey - I tipped the guys well (told them to buy CVC stock, apparently they did something lately to raise their stock value). After all, through their inginuity I was able to get my HiDef up & running. I decided not to cancel my service after all, as VOOM got that new Channel 700. I just love having a channel with such big numbers. It's way better than channel 600...

TYORK said:
and if they work for Install they are surpose to have at least 24ft ladder also i can bet you there district mananger does not know that why it didn't get installed.

Both the installers who came out were subs (from two different companies) for Installs Inc. As far as I am aware Installs doesn't have any office locally.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts