3x4 and 4-way diseqc...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

eurosport

In Dave Grohl We Trust!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 31, 2008
North Florida
I have a 3x4 multi-switch on port 4 of the diseqc. The 3x4 is so I can use both H and V on the P* LNB. I just hooked this up tonight. It got ONN on 74w, but after that, I tried pointing at AMC9, and then Galaxy28, with no signal whatsoever on either bird. I can usually repoint successfully in less than 5 minutes. This time I was out there for over an hour. :mad: Did the 3x4 blow out port 4 on the diseqc or what? I'm not sure what's wrong, but it's not getting any more of my time tonight!

seems odd. I've had multiswitches on the end of diseqc switches with no issues. In fact, the diseqc in the computer room has port 3 & 4 connected to 4x4 multiswitches (both motorized setups have DBS & KU LNB"s into a 4x4 multiswitch)

Unless you unhooked something and might have blown a port, it shouldnt have had issues when you moved the dish

No, I had the main power switch off on the 9200, while I re-wired that dish and it worked fine on ONN, before I attempted to move it to a different bird.

does the switch work directly from the LNB to the receiver?
I know it worked on 74w...a blind scan found both V and H transponders. To directly connect (without the diseqc in line) I need to take a grounding block or a barrel connector, out to the wx proof box the diseqc is in, and use that to bypass it. I'll try that tomorrow after work...getting too late to mess with it tonight. :sleeo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)