4:2:2 feeds

Chewie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 12, 2009
California
Hello All
I was looking in the VIX forum and saw the Thread on 4:2:2.
Check it out maybe it can work for the MIO's receivers.
Regards.
Chewie

Can someone with a Mio give this a try? I'm still planning on getting a Mio just very interested in hearing if it works for streaming 4:2:2 feeds. On sort of the same topic, is it possible to stream 4:2:2 feed to an Android box running Kodi and playback the channel?

Not as much of a hardware question, as it is more of an image / KODI test.

Yes, the OS Mio 4K streaming works great, including 4:2;2 channels. Many of us watch the ABC and CBS 4:2:2 channels daily.

Many streaming device options with Enigma2 based images. You may use a PC, iOS, Android device. Kodi, VLC, WMC, DreamDroid, or almost any streaming software including the native browser URL - WebIF. My Samsung 4K smart TV even plays the live 4:2:2 OS Mio streams. :)

This post was referencing using a KODI player plugin to play the stream on the same STB as it is also the stream server. If no one posts their testing results with TNAP 3.2 image and Kodi, I will test next week. I don't typically use Kodi on the OS Mio 4K, so would need to load the plug-in and start from scratch.

I previously used the VLC plugin several years ago on other Enigma2 and Android STBs to do this same type of self-streaming. Hit and miss on different services.

Reactions: mr3p
Streaming 4:2:2 from the Mio and then to the desktop and opening the stream with VLC works fine. Just use the OpenWebif in the desktop to get the stream address and then open that with VLC easy-peasy.

Don’t do it often as I have little use for network TV but have used it for BB and FB games which if course we don‘t have right now. Unfortunately I don’t have a HDMI out on my old iMac to feed the big screen with but it‘s watchable on the desktop if i’m desperate.

Reactions: c-spand
I do a lot of streaming from the mio to my desktop. My desktop has many displays including the big screen TV. But using webif I found collects a lot of m3u8 files in the download folder. One for every time you open a channel. So I stuck my favorites into a folder on my desktop and hardly use webif anymore.

Can someone with a Mio give this a try? I'm still planning on getting a Mio just very interested in hearing if it works for streaming 4:2:2 feeds. On sort of the same topic, is it possible to stream 4:2:2 feed to an Android box running Kodi and playback the channel?

I run/stream my mio through linux/webif/vlc on the PC or dreamroid/vlc on my Android phone and those playback 4:2:2 nicely. It wouldn't play back on Kodi though.

Reactions: c-spand
Hello All
I try to install the this procedure on my Zgemma receiver and it did not work, I do not use telnet very often, so maybe a user error, I used Putty, and these are the files I uploaded maybe the files are not correct, maybe someone with more experience with Telnet can make it work, I would love to see these feeds on my TV.

Regards.
Chewie

Reactions: Titanium
Those instructions aren't detailed enough. So, until someone provides a Kodi plugin I won't be using it.

Those instructions aren't detailed enough. So, until someone provides a Kodi plugin I won't be using it.
All I Have is ku band and don't see any 4.2.2 feeds up. I read kodi uses software decoding so just timeshifting with kodi may work also if someone with C band could test. Start a 4.2.2 recording then launch Kodi and go to Videos and media sources usb/movie folder and open the 4.2.2 recording in progress and see if it plays. That is if 4.2.2 video does record. I never have tried recording 4.2.2 so don't know.

I use Kodi all the time for these feeds. latest versions have all the codecs, but I use it on a seperate computer (Windoze 7 laptop) using the LAN to transfer the data from the MIO to the laptop to decode and play via HDMI to the TV.

Reactions: SDA_FL_USA
I use Kodi all the time for these feeds. latest versions have all the codecs, but I use it on a seperate computer (Windoze 7 laptop) using the LAN to transfer the data from the MIO to the laptop to decode and play via HDMI to the TV.
I setup kodi on the satdreamgr-8 image with the Mio4k. If you see a 4.2.2 feed on ku band let me know and i'll see if it plays ok without the computer.

Hello All
I was looking in the VIX forum and saw the Thread on 4:2:2.
Check it out maybe it can work for the MIO's receivers.
Regards.
Chewie
Don't think this Kodi streaming method will work for the Mio4k.Problem is while Kodi is launched on the Moio4k no channel streaming is working even openwebif. Only thing Kodi is good for on the mio4k is apps like youtube, crackle and other streaming add-ons.

That enigma2 PVR Client is awsome but Kodi needs to be on a computer and the Mio on a network. All channels can be streamed even the picons work. Makes me want to setup movie center.

I was able to install the Enigma 2 PVR in Kodi:
Telnet - opkg install kodi-addon-pvr-vuplus and it will install it

Start Kodi and enter the MIO 4K IP address in the E2 client.

I have problems with this - "scan tp 422, you have in the e2 ch list, start kodi, open pvr Client, they Show automaticly the ch list include 422 feed channels"
When I open Kodi the Enigma 2 PVR does not find any channels.
which satellite have 4:2:2 channels?
Please let me know.
Regards.
Chewie

Hello,

No problem with the MIO4K ( TNAP 3.2)
and Openwebif on the PC and then directed to the TV (in my case using an HDMI cable, but this can be done with WIFI)

Yes the Mio4k works fine with that method.This thread is about the kodi installed in the Mio4k method.If you get that to work let us know how you did it. Thanks

I was able to install the Enigma 2 PVR in Kodi:
Telnet - opkg install kodi-addon-pvr-vuplus and it will install it

Start Kodi and enter the MIO 4K IP address in the E2 client.

I have problems with this - "scan tp 422, you have in the e2 ch list, start kodi, open pvr Client, they Show automaticly the ch list include 422 feed channels"
When I open Kodi the Enigma 2 PVR does not find any channels.
which satellite have 4:2:2 channels?
Please let me know.
Regards.
Chewie
I don't know what that scan tp422 means but after you scan in a 4.2.2 channel add it to your bouquet that Kodi is pulling the channels from, I used Favorite bouquet.Problem I had was nothing streamed from my stb channels even if I pulled up openwebif while Kodi was running openwebif could not stream either. But Kodi will Play streams from the internet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 7)