Help with streaming 4:2:2 feeds on Galaxy 16 (1 Viewer)

Alan Rovner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 8, 2013
Vancouver, WA
Hi guys, I'm trying to stream ABC 4:2:2 feeds on G16 with no luck. Do you have any suggestions? My setup is as follows:

Receiver: OS MIO+ 4K with TNAP 4 firmware
Signal strength for ABC feeds on G16 = 11.6 dB

I have tried all these devices with no luck, however all devices do stream 4:2:0 video such as the Caribbean mux just fine:

Android tablet running DreamDroid with VLC (or using built in decoder)
PC accessing OpenWebIF and VLC
Raspberry Pi (Linux) accessing OpenWebIF and VLC

All devices play 4:2:0 feeds fine but just a black screen with 4:2:2 feeds. I appreciate any feedback you have.

Regards,
Alan Rovner
Vancouver, Wash.

Titanium

AI6US
Lifetime Supporter
May 23, 2013
Meadow Vista, Northern California
I stream the ABC and CBS 4:2:2 services daily to both Android / DreamDroid with VLC and Windows 8/10 PCs using OpenWebIF and VLC.

Same on ABC and CBS? Do you get the audio or both blank video and blank audio? What Image and version?

Alan Rovner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 8, 2013
Vancouver, WA
Hi Brian, I don't know where the CBS feeds are located, so I haven't tried them. I'm running TNAP 4.0 dated 12/20/20. On the MIO receiver I get what look like squares from previously used channels and sometimes audio. I realize the 4:2:2 signals won't decode on the receiver. And as I said I don't get audio or video when trying to stream from an external device. Maybe my dish needs some tweaking, I'm not sure.

Vy 73,
Alan Rovner, K7AR

johnnynobody

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
42N 103W
Hi Brian, I don't know where the CBS feeds are located, so I haven't tried them. I'm running TNAP 4.0 dated 12/20/20. On the MIO receiver I get what look like squares from previously used channels and sometimes audio. I realize the 4:2:2 signals won't decode on the receiver. And as I said I don't get audio or video when trying to stream from an external device. Maybe my dish needs some tweaking, I'm not sure.

Vy 73,
Alan Rovner, K7AR
I believe they're at 89W. C-band of course. They scan in as SN2A/B/C/D/R

Titanium

AI6US
Lifetime Supporter
May 23, 2013
Meadow Vista, Northern California
The TNAP version is fine. ABC feeds are on 95w and 99W, CBS is on 89w.

I don't use the ABC99w feeds, so will have to check if they stream on my system. Tesla damaged the BUD motor cabling on the shop roof while installing solar panels. Need to fix as soon as they are off the roof. Hopefully, before the weekend.

Cham

VE4GLS
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 19, 2008
Boonies
Both networks work here with TNAP 4.x streaming to windoze pc running Kodi. All wired gig ethernet though, no wifi.

mr3p

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 1, 2010
West
This may be a novice question but here goes. Is OS Mio 4k able to playback a 4:2:2 recording or Is the ability of an Android box to playback 4:2:2 feed related to the support within the Amlogic chip that isn't supported by the decoder chip within the OS Mio 4k?

johnnynobody

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
42N 103W
This may be a novice question but here goes. Is OS Mio 4k able to playback a 4:2:2 recording or Is the ability of an Android box to playback 4:2:2 feed related to the support within the Amlogic chip that isn't supported by the decoder chip within the OS Mio 4k?
The mio can't decode 4:2:2. You'll need to stream it via vlc or some other program that can decode it.

Users who are viewing this thread