45.5 to 61 C band

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PKII

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
WV
Are there any channels that are on any satellites between 45.5 and 61 C band that a FTA system can receive? I've never found anything on any of those satellites not even the signal to actually find the satellite. I do have a clear line of site to all of them. Anything worth trying to find? :)

There is a bunch of ITC stuff on 58W C-band. A lot of it is in Spanish, but quite a bit of English-speaking also. A lot of the channels can be found elsewhere on the arc in either C or Ku-band

I was going to ask the same question of what is east of 58W last week, will be interested to see what kind of replies you get here.

Thanks. In Spanish would be perfect. :) Not that I can understand it yet but if I keep watching it I'll figure it out maybe.

The signals seem to be pretty strong here, from that sat, on most of the tps

I can't see 58W with my only BUD that is cabled into the house, but in the last 2 weeks I have went outside and hooked up my 8.5' Birdview solid and my 7.5' Unimesh mesh dishes, both worked well on 58W.

I think the signals start getting scarcer once you go east of 58W, hopefully someone will tell us different.

There are plenty of signals east of 58w. Many however are circular polarity instead of linear, but not all.

Network muxes tend to be encrypted, of course. Lots of what I might call ethnic channels, meant for South/Central America, Africa, and the Middle East.

There is one English channel on NSS10 @ 37.5w called Metro which is out of Ghana IIRC. had a soccer match on it the last I looked months ago. But that's as far east as I can receive with a linear only feed. I can see signals on the SA as far as 22w with my actuator on the west side of the dish mount.

I'm only using a 6 footer would that make a difference in finding the signals? I am not using circular right now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)