46,000 VOOM Subscribers As Of 2/28/2005 Reported

Sean Mota said:
What makes you think that the VOOM HD, LLC Press Release is not real. Can you disprove it and with what facts?
So every press release is real? How about that one where Voom is shutting down in no less that 30 days? Is the only reason that you don't trust THAT press release is that you like the Voom HD, LLC press release better? Where are your facts?

There are two press releases here concerning the same subject. Cablevision, the owner of Rainbow DBS and provider of Voom service is saying "we're closing up shop". A party interested in purchasing (what's left of) the Voom service is saying "Voom will stay alive". Voom HD, LLC has to OWN Voom before they can be trusted on guessing its future. Before the definitive agreement, all they have is "high hopes" - and a now expired "letter of intent".

Oh, yes. The Voom HD, LLC press release is real. Real desperation shows.

JL

justalurker said:
So every press release is real? How about that one where Voom is shutting down in no less that 30 days? Is the only reason that you don't trust THAT press release is that you like the Voom HD, LLC press release better? Where are your facts?

There are two press releases here concerning the same subject. Cablevision, the owner of Rainbow DBS and provider of Voom service is saying "we're closing up shop". A party interested in purchasing (what's left of) the Voom service is saying "Voom will stay alive". Voom HD, LLC has to OWN Voom before they can be trusted on guessing its future. Before the definitive agreement, all they have is "high hopes" - and a now expired "letter of intent".

Oh, yes. The Voom HD, LLC press release is real. Real desperation shows.

JL

Where did I say I do not believe either Press Release... C'mom don't contradict yourself now. You were the one who said you did not believe the Press Release put by VOOM HD... so answer the question, did you or not? and can you find where I stated I did not believe the Press Release by CVC. Please show it to me.

P.S. It seems like you are all wrapped up in your own believes and care very little for anything else besides what you believe.

justalurker said:
This is a public forum and no amount of PERSONAL ATTACKS will make me leave.

JL

I'm not personally attacking you, I'm just curious as to why & what your doing here.

Get your head on straight man, and wisen up. This is not preschool- there is no I'm right and your wrong here. Regardless of opinions we need to get along here.

I seriously doubt that jl will answer your question, at least give you a decent answer.

All he's doing is blowing smoke all over the place "cough"

And it's pissing people off.

justalurker said:

JL
Yes well this isn't quite as cut and dry as you make it sound either. Who is the largest single shareholder of cablevision? and who is behind voomhd llc? Whether you chose to believe it or not Charles HAS power and i believe he knows exactly what he is doing. GO VOOMHD LLC!!

Sean Mota said:
Again prove it that it is not 46K. Unless you work for their financial department, you have no clue what you are talking about. I have contacts with Financial people from VOOM and they have verified a number close to the one released.

Here is what I do not get about you people. There's nothing that VOOM can do wright in your eyes. VOOM releases no subs information and it was bad; that means that they have less than 20K; Voom releases the 46K information and now "I don't believe it" attitude. What is it? NOTHING Voom does is right in your eyes.

Sean,
There are no financial people at VOOM yet. There are financial people at cablevision. Cablevision released the revenue figures for VOOM for the last quarter and it was only 5,314,000. They did not release a subscriber number for the last quarter. The quarter before that one had almost identical revenue that resulted from 26,000 subscribers. Since there were no major changes in promotions that would change the ratio of income to subscriber there is no possible way that 46,000 subscribers would only produce 5 million in revenue. If this was true VOOM would be in even worse shape. They may have ended quarter 4 with 26,000 subscribers and have added another 20,000 since then but I don't see any evidence that indicates that is even a remote possibility. On the other hand there is a lot of evidence that things have pretty much stayed the same as far as subscriber numbers. (i.e. there is no longer period to reach VOOM by phone or chat while there seems to still be the same number of CSR's, there is no backlog for service calls or installs or equipment, there is no vast increase in the number of people on this site or the Yahoo group asking "newbie" questions. We can all remember what is was like the few months that Voom added 5,000 subscribers per month so it is unlikely that they have suddenly begun adding 10,000 per month over the last two months.

The press release from VOOM LLC was not from a public company. It does not have the same obligations as a release from a public company and I am another that does not believe it.

I think it is HD envy

Sean Mota said:
Again prove it that it is not 46K. Unless you work for their financial department, you have no clue what you are talking about. I have contacts with Financial people from VOOM and they have verified a number close to the one released.

Here is what I do not get about you people. There's nothing that VOOM can do wright in your eyes. VOOM releases no subs information and it was bad; that means that they have less than 20K; Voom releases the 46K information and now "I don't believe it" attitude. What is it? NOTHING Voom does is right in your eyes.
Freud disscussed this when interviewing subscribers from echostar and DTV, who felt that their HD was just inadequate both in size and length

jnardone said:
Sean,
There are no financial people at VOOM yet. There are financial people at cablevision. Cablevision released the revenue figures for VOOM for the last quarter and it was only 5,314,000. They did not release a subscriber number for the last quarter. The quarter before that one had almost identical revenue that resulted from 26,000 subscribers. Since there were no major changes in promotions that would change the ratio of income to subscriber there is no possible way that 46,000 subscribers would only produce 5 million in revenue. If this was true VOOM would be in even worse shape. They may have ended quarter 4 with 26,000 subscribers and have added another 20,000 since then but I don't see any evidence that indicates that is even a remote possibility. On the other hand there is a lot of evidence that things have pretty much stayed the same as far as subscriber numbers. (i.e. there is no longer period to reach VOOM by phone or chat while there seems to still be the same number of CSR's, there is no backlog for service calls or installs or equipment, there is no vast increase in the number of people on this site or the Yahoo group asking "newbie" questions. We can all remember what is was like the few months that Voom added 5,000 subscribers per month so it is unlikely that they have suddenly begun adding 10,000 per month over the last two months.

The press release from VOOM LLC was not from a public company. It does not have the same obligations as a release from a public company and I am another that does not believe it.

That's where you are incorrect... Voom has its own billing and finance system. You are basing all your stuff on erroneous calculation since you lack the inside information of how many subs have been installed in the past few months. You are speculating on the numbers. Believe whatever you want to believe... But the number was released and whether it is a public company or not, the number is what the number is. I can only say that to you. I have no way to prove it to you (because I would reveal information that I should not) and you have no way to prove it to me (unless you use your flaw premises).

Sean Mota said:
Where did I say I do not believe either Press Release... C'mom don't contradict yourself now. You were the one who said you did not believe the Press Release put by VOOM HD... so answer the question, did you or not? and can you find where I stated I did not believe the Press Release by CVC. Please show it to me.
Perhaps a clarification.

I believe that Cablevision issued a press release with the claims stated within (Voom will be shut down in no less than 30 days, employees are encoraged to seek jobs within Cablevision). I believe that Tom and Charles Dolan issued a press release as Voom HD, LLC with the claims stated within (Voom will be purchased and we hope the employees stay with Voom and come to the new company). Those claims are contrary, which makes the question of which one do you believe a pertanant one. How can you believe that Voom will be saved by Voom HD, LLC *and* that Cablevision will be shutting it down? That's where the question of whether you believe CVC's press release comes in.

We both believe in most of both press releases to the extent that we understand that both releases contain claims ... the standard "forward looking statements that are subject to change" even if the disclaimer is missing. Cablevision claims they are shutting Voom down. Voom HD, LLC claims that they will be able to stop that. We can accept both as claims since we cannot accept both as fact - or we can accept only one as fact if we want to choose sides.
Sean Mota said:
P.S. It seems like you are all wrapped up in your own believes and care very little for anything else besides what you believe.
"you are all" including every poster in the Voom forums that has touched on these topics. Except for you and I, Sean. I know that I care about what others believe otherwise I'd just label you a bunch of morons and find a rational forum. But I don't think of Voom forum posters as morons, and I don't believe that you do either.

This is a polarizing issue and as long as there are two contrary press releases, two matching internal memos, a hundred articles being written for the morning press and a thousand posts in this forum ALL posting opinion it will stay polarizing.

What gets lost is that I'd like to see Voom survive. People are so busy hating and posting personal attacks because they don't like my opinions that they forget that, ignore it or just plain don't care.

I do want to see that subscriber number somewhere else than a hastily written press release. If the count is that high why was it not shouted from the rooftops before? It defies logic.

JL

Wouldn't you agree Sean that this is getting ridculous? You're here to inform and help educate us on what's going inside of voom and cablevision and people here are doing nothing more and proven that their uneducated when it comes to voom (numbers, finances, etc...)
Sean has never faultered to provide us with info when the time is right. Just give it some time.
Give Sean some slack, he is truely between a rock and a hard place right now.

justalurker said:
Perhaps a clarification.

I believe that Cablevision issued a press release with the claims stated within (Voom will be shut down in no less than 30 days, employees are encoraged to seek jobs within Cablevision). I believe that Tom and Charles Dolan issued a press release as Voom HD, LLC with the claims stated within (Voom will be purchased and we hope the employees stay with Voom and come to the new company). Those claims are contrary, which makes the question of which one do you believe a pertanant one. How can you believe that Voom will be saved by Voom HD, LLC *and* that Cablevision will be shutting it down? That's where the question of whether you believe CVC's press release comes in.

We both believe in most of both press releases to the extent that we understand that both releases contain claims ... the standard "forward looking statements that are subject to change" even if the disclaimer is missing. Cablevision claims they are shutting Voom down. Voom HD, LLC claims that they will be able to stop that. We can accept both as claims since we cannot accept both as fact - or we can accept only one as fact if we want to choose sides.
"you are all" including every poster in the Voom forums that has touched on these topics. Except for you and I, Sean. I know that I care about what others believe otherwise I'd just label you a bunch of morons and find a rational forum. But I don't think of Voom forum posters as morons, and I don't believe that you do either.

This is a polarizing issue and as long as there are two contrary press releases, two matching internal memos, a hundred articles being written for the morning press and a thousand posts in this forum ALL posting opinion it will stay polarizing.

What gets lost is that I'd like to see Voom survive. People are so busy hating and posting personal attacks because they don't like my opinions that they forget that, ignore it or just plain don't care.

I do want to see that subscriber number somewhere else than a hastily written press release. If the count is that high why was it not shouted from the rooftops before? It defies logic.

JL

blah, blah, blah.
You must spend so much time here because there is nothing "compelling" to watch on E*.

Mod Edit

-k

justalurker said:

JL

It doesn't defy logic unless you wish it to and can't figure it out.

Look James doesn't like nor does he want to support voom, it doesn't matter why he refused to release the numbers because if he did release the numbers he would've look like an freaking idiot for shutting voom down.

justalurker said:

JL

True that - and where is the revenue from these subscribers?

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have proposed we simply enact censure upon justalurker.

censure

n 1: harsh criticism or disapproval [syn: animadversion] 2: the state of being excommunicated [syn: excommunication, exclusion] v : rebuke formally [syn: reprimand, criminate]

It is a rediculous night started by no less than the Dolan family themself. James Dolan and Cablevision putting out a press release and Charles and Tom Dolan countering with their own. James Dolan telling Voom employees that its over and Charles and Tom Dolan saying it is not.

BTW: Sean is here to administer and moderate a forum not to be the sole source of information. He does a terrific job with the forum as well as providing his share of information, and I'm glad he is here. I hope he doesn't get too worn out cleaning up the mess after the 'party' we have had this evening.

JL

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have proposed we simply enact censure upon justalurker.

censure

n 1: harsh criticism or disapproval [syn: animadversion] 2: the state of being excommunicated [syn: excommunication, exclusion] v : rebuke formally [syn: reprimand, criminate] 2

It really does not matter which Press Release you believe. If that's all we focus on, WE HAVE CERTAINLY MISSED THE POINT. The stuff that we do not see but it's where the real battle is being fought -- The power struggle between CVC and VOOM. This is where our energy should concentrate.

Why are CVC/VOOM having this type of public fight? Why? What are the finances that are driving this whole force? Take a deeper look at the situation and you will see that at the end one entity will survive and not both. Think about it for a while and research the forum or the net. But the answer or possible answers have been already planted here. Do the reasearch and you will see that the real focus of this lies beneath the Press Releases. Give it a shot.

justalurker said:
It is a rediculous night started by no less than the Dolan family themself. James Dolan and Cablevision putting out a press release and Charles and Tom Dolan countering with their own. James Dolan telling Voom employees that its over and Charles and Tom Dolan saying it is not.

BTW: Sean is here to administer and moderate a forum not to be the sole source of information. He does a terrific job with the forum as well as providing his share of information, and I'm glad he is here. I hope he doesn't get too worn out cleaning up the mess after the 'party' we have had this evening.

JL

There would be a lot less of a "mess" if there wasn't a troll wizzing in the punchbowl at this party.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts