4DTV 920 Mapping

Status
Please reply by conversation.
weird...when I updated mine on G5 (Showtime) it took 10 minutes or so and I didnt really know until I selected another satellite and noticed the channel was there (Georgia PBS on K3)

I had a blank screen the whole time. I didn't know it was done till I looked at the channel count and saw it go from 514 to 4738. I had to drag the 10 footer to another part of the yard so it could see G15/G1.

how does that work without being on a pole and the elevation set up? does it work good? does it have good Quality and Signal ?

how does that work without being on a pole and the elevation set up? does it work good? does it have good Quality and Signal ?
C-Band is pretty forgiving. I have a 7.5 footer laying in the yard (propped against a 5 gallon bucket) and it works fine. You do have to make adjustments for elevation/etc, but its not all that hard.

oh. what do you do when a high wind comes up
watch the dish roll away:D
In my case, the dish is close to the ground, and guarded from winds due to it's location in the yard (between the house and 3 garages). However, it's not a perminent fixture in the yard, so I haven't really worried about what happens when the wind comes. If it moves, no biggie.

Works great. I have it pointed at G16 for the Nets. I get a 72 on a Coolsat 4000. It's been up like that for a year and I never had a big wind issue. If it moves a bit I just move it back for peak signal. I can move it slightly for some of the other sats nearby also. It will be motorized soon. Still gathering free stuff.:)

goog luck man better tie that thing down with something lol i'd hate to see it rolling down the street lollll
It take ca heck of a wind to haul away a BUD. Plus if the actuator is still on there, then it kinda keeps things from rolling too much. And if all else fails, the cable and actuator/corotor wires will keep it from rolling too far ;)

is it possible to get maps from G3C?

I cant get digital lock on G1/G9, or G5.

I can get digital lock on G3C Ch1, Ch7.

Unit did a reset on me last time I unplugged the 110v, so channels are currently 520. Sitting on G3 Tr7 now for a while with no sucess... :(

I cant get digital lock on G1/G9, or G5.

I can get digital lock on G3C Ch1, Ch7.

Unit did a reset on me last time I unplugged the 110v, so channels are currently 520. Sitting on G3 Tr7 now for a while with no sucess... :(

For maps you have to aim and get either the EPG (G1 TP3) or a movie channel mux.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts