4dtv dsr920 setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

scootertime

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 25, 2007
I am having a lot of issues with a dsr 920 I just got. When you are setting the limits, do the numbers usually move? Mine don't, the dish moves, but the numbers sit there at 4999 and 5000 . Anybody ever have this problem? Thanks in advance for help.

mod if you will move this post to the C-Band forum

when hooking up the 4dtv the numbers should move if yours is only moving from 4999 to 5000 sounds like the limits need to be reset.

and welcome to the group :)

I had to reverse the pulse wires on my H180 motor's position sensor in order for it to register on the 920's receiver.

Try that.

Pics of my motor....

Here are pics of my motor:http://www.geocities.com/mets2yak/satmotor.jpg

my sensor:
http://www.geocities.com/mets2yak/satsens.jpg

The new one I bought and cant get to work... Letter H:
http://www.geocities.com/mets2yak/1011002.jpg

Is it possible for me to get this to work, or am I getting a new motor? There is a star on the motor that appears to move and hit a switch on that black box that appears to send the signal down the wires to the sensor. The sensor have been checked and gives no feedback on one transister. Can I mod the new one to work?

Not sure where to go from here...

I am using a BSC621 lnbf and I get analog channels on g1, but not a signal on any digital 4dtv channel. I will try to adjust my lnbf outside, but I really don't understand why I would get analog and not even a tiny bit of reception on the digital channels. This is starting to be a hassle. Any help will be appreciated.

Everything working but....

the limits. I bought a brand new sensor and installed it. No change. The dish moves, but the limits don't change on the receiver. Could the receiver be faulty? Thanks to anybody who can help me.

Sounds like you may have bad connection of the sensor wires either at the arm or the back of the 920. This happened to me and that was my problem.
I got mine sensor wires like this: Black(or brown) on GND and blue on PULSE. Make sure not to the +5V.
Do you know anyone that may have a arm for the C Band dish? If so ask if you can borrow it. Get a 3 or 4 foot of cable that have two sensor wires (small wires) and 2 bigger wires (red and black) for the motor. With the 920 off, hook the sensors wires to the receiver and arm motor, and the motor wires to the receiver and arm motor. If you look inside the cover that comes off the motor arm you would see how the sensor and motor wires are hooked up.
Turn on the 920 and go, say Satellite G1 to C3. Make sure the arm will not strike anything when it expand out! Watch the count. It should go from 5000 (G1) to whatever the count is on C3.Go on over a satellite or two, and back to G1. Watch the count. If it is counting then it means your arm sensor is not working or like I said, bad connection.
I hope this will help you!

By the way, what brand of arm are you using? I see you got three wires hooked up to the arm.
I am using blue and brown wires for the sensor.
I use the HTS motor. It needs two motor wires and two sensors wires. Do you know a satellite installer that may have a used HTS arm? It work great with the 920. And it is easy to wire up since it has a diagram of how to do it.

Closing Thread...

I got it working. My actuator uses a micro switch. I told this to the people at Skyvision and they couldn't figure it out. I called a local satellite dealer and they had the exact part. I popped it in and it still didn't work. Fortunately before giving up and selling all the equipment, I saw - O + on the old switch. Finding that helped me figure out that the green wire was the ground, unlike most pics you see online. Either way, it is working great and I have already had NPS get me some programming, watched Starz last night. Just one more question.... Is the HD receiver for 4dtv worth it for such little? Is it great picture or should I just forget that all together. I would only use it for Starz. I have HBO and Showtime on cable already. Thanks everyone!

so essentially flipping the wires around - from pulse to ground - solved your problem?

Just one more question.... Is the HD receiver for 4dtv worth it for such little? Is it great picture or should I just forget that all together. I would only use it for Starz. I have HBO and Showtime on cable already. Thanks everyone!
Only you can answer if it's worth it? But, if you get an HDD200 decoder, you will get the best picture possible. Better than any Cable Company, or Directv, or DishNetwork. But, Starz and HBO have already stated they are going to MPeg 4, so that's something you need to consider. I'm sure these 4dtv receivers will still be useful for many years to come. I can't see either company cutting off there MPeg 2 stream, unless there aren't enough customers to pay for that stream and make a profit? Right now I'm sure there are enough customers to pay for the streams on G1, but there may not be enough to cover the cost of G9, where the HD is at? Only time will tell? Remember this is all speculation, and I have no Idea what I'm talking about!

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)