4dtv dsr922 split / distorted picture ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gardo403

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 25, 2009
S.E. Wisconsin
I'll post a picture since it's easier that way...

So I just bought the 922 and plugged in in let it sit on g1, bam got picture guide and all ( unit was already subbed) everything is great!! Liking the 4dtv alot!!! (you get the idea)

Well next day I decide to unplug the power to reroute the power cord.. and now digital channels look like this..........

Things I tried:

auth reset... no change

unplug for 5 min.... no change

Any thing else????

Attachments

• DSC00780.JPG
    DSC00780.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 195
Try this from SkyVision Support page.

Multiple Pictures/Split Screen
Perform the following troubleshooting steps if the receiver displays multiple pictures or a split screen on digital channels.

1. Move your satellite dish to G-1, channel 3. Ensure the DC light on the front panel is lit.

2. Perform "Authorization Reset" by pressing Options 6 7 7 8 0 on the remote control.

3. Allow the receiver to download undisturbed for 30 minutes. Check Picture status.

4. If normal picture has not returned, perform "Factory Reset", following the steps below.
NOTE: This procedure should only be used when other attempts to correct the problem have failed. The receiver will be reset to factory specifications and will require reprogramming. Caution should be used when performing a Reset.
Motorola DSR922: On the remote control, press Options 6 7 7 8 7, then Enter. Now reprogram the receiver according to the instructions included with the receiver when you got it new.

Allow the receiver to download on G-1, channel 3 undisturbed for 30 minutes. Check Picture status.

Last edited:
I added another line and yes I would do a re-hit from your programmer once the unit has been reconfigured but you should be able to do it online if you have the right programmer.

Ok did the factory reset... Got the Dc2 green light...... now it looks to be downloading channels....

we'll see what happens next....

Thanks for the speedy reply BTW!!!

Update if any one cares....

It's been about 20 minutes the channels box filled up to 4695 and the trip counter went to 5.

picture is good now :)

sub is back on and no rehit was necessary!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)