4dtv fixed output

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rlariv

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
I have not got a hit yet from a sub, but something seems very wrong... and maybe its just because this recvr is old... its a dsr-922 and I bought it used for a 100 bucks...

anyways, the menu works fine and everything, but when i go to the channel for viewing, once the headers dissapear, the channel goes to snow... its not the same type of snow if I disconnect the cable from recvr to TV, but its still snow... I would characterize the snow on the recvr as having heaver grain pixels than without any cable...

so here is my question... should I be seeing that ? or is that a sign of blown output ? I would expect that the recvr would provide a "black" screen with no recveing any signals from the sat ?

Can someone do that test and simply unplug the sat input... see if you get black or snow screen ?

I am pointed to X4... I was wondering if I can get a channel map from KU... this recvr has no C band connections... I called NPS - but they know nothing about satellites... did not even know that G16 and X4 were same thing...

so

1) can I get channel map from KU
2) does the DSR922 show snow when no channel ?

i have a 922 but don't know a lot about it
i know someone said if you get a dc lock then you could get maps
they will know more over in the c-band section

Rlariv,
It should have a cband connection, do You have cband, if so You should be able to
see a analog channel on G16(G4)-16

no - this setup is strictly an X4 service setup... I have a fixed 36 inch pointed at the bird X4... I did notice that some channels (610) are black... and others like channel 1 are pixels... it also says "searching channel"... I have 44 signal and 99 quality... not sure if thats good or not....

now I am worried I can not get a hit or channel map from this bird... NPS knows nothing... trying to find the company that runs this technical show... perhaps they have a service person with enough know... (this forum is the only other chance)

You may have a problem that I had when using my QPH-031 Invacom LNB on my 922 when I tried it out the other day. The feedhorn polarization was incorrect on the 922 and had to change the setting to be "Rotated 90 degrees" and that solved my problem, maybe it will help you.

Jim

I think 44/99 is OK for signal strength ? but I did not get a digital lock on any channels... not even sure the receiver is working... bought it second hand...

need to find a good TP on X4 to ensure digital lock tests... any ideas ?

also - it all doesnt matter if I can not get a Hit or channel map from X4... or the phone line (of anyone has that technology)

no - this setup is strictly an X4 service setup...

That's not going to work. You need to download the channel maps from a C band satellite.

trying to find the company that runs this technical show... perhaps they have a service person with enough know.

That would be Motorola or the ACC ( Access Control Center) which is owned by Comcast , but they won't help you.

rlariv - Where abouts are you located? There may be somebody here on the forum who wouldn't mind you dropping by for a coffee with your receiver in-hand to hook up to their C-Band system to download the maps.. Most of the people here at SatelliteGuys are very friendly.

That would be a good idea... I live in Silicon Valley... I could drive 50 miles in any direction...

What I wonder though - If I get the maps... would someone like NPS be able to send the hit via X4 ? or would a hit also be an issue... I think you need hits every so often - right ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)