4DTV Pains (922)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Funny how the programmers are not informed about what transponders a digital authorization can be done on, imagine how many people returned 4d's and gave up big dish just because they did not get G1...

Thought I'd throw in a final update here since I was already in the area.
I still haven't been able to pull in the guide eventhough we can tune in to several channels on G1.
Seems G1-3 is just out of reach.
I did some tighter focusing on the dish to get Ku going and I ran into something that really threw me.
To peak out Ku, I had to slide the lnb about an inch deeper past the scalar ring. The thing is really sticking out of the ring now.
The reason it threw me was because I had calculated the focal distance on the dish several times to make sure it was ok... but this just didn't make sense.
I nailed Ku however and it's pulling really good signals across the board. And just to confirm what I'd read all along, it helped C-band out as well.
Too bad about the guide tho. It's one of 3 choices now... 1- live without the guide, 2- cut some trees, 3- add a 2nd dish just for G1...

Have you tried pushing up or down on the dish to see if you get a lock on G1-3, can you lock 150? if so try bumping and skewing to the max quality there, actually do that then push the dish and see if the quality goes up while on 150 with the quality meter up, if it goes up then the dish still needs some adjustments, you should be able to pull in this as it is a strong feed with a 3/4 fec, now for HBO/MAX the 7/8 fec will probably not work with the trees in the way but you can try.

Yep. I used my little idiot meter to peak G1 to the max. Used every adjustment I could.
Tech support sent me instructions for manually tweaking the transponder and it did get the signal strength up a bit, but I could never get a DC lock.
I think the highest signal I got on 3 was around 52-54. It will jump from around 50 back to 1. Never get a DC lock and quality always sets on 1.
There is one panel on the dish that is a bit wrinkled and we haven't pulled it out to straighten it yet. That'll be the final frontier in tuning the dish. It just isn't going to get much better... It's got to be the trees, eventhough the leaves are gone right now...
Just for comparison, signal is in the 90's now with the other birds.

you know my dish was off like that ( not the pole ) but it wouldn't correctly track the arc and i has to loosed up the mounting bolts on the pole and turn the whole dish about 1/8 of an inch to the west , placed it right on track. if you try this, mark your starting point with a pencel or marker first so you can easily return to the spot.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)