4K Events Discussion Thread

It's not an issue of MOCA bandwidth. If it's coming down on one transponder (and it is), you're talking something that's like 40Mbps, tops.

The 4K Joey either lacks the hardware to do HDR, or lacks the software to enable it. That's all.

Reactions: Foxbat
The "M" got it too.
The 2016 "M" did, but not, of course, the 2015 "M" that I have. Just another fail from Dish for 4k. I can watch Netflix through the app on the TV in 4k, but the Dish Netflix app doesn't play 4k. I've watched all of one event on Dish in 4k, finally thought the Olympics would be when it would shine. "Nope, none for you."

I get sound W/O picture Ch 540.
We're in the times of computers.

Last night I finally got around to DLing an episode of the BBC Planet Earth II show. I have never had any trouble with 4K on my rig, but this time I got an "Invalid Format" floating around on my LG Oled screen.

After panic time, I unplugged the TV. Then plugged it back in.

Universal reset and all is well.

We're in the times of computers.

Last night I finally got around to DLing an episode of the BBC Planet Earth II show. I have never had any trouble with 4K on my rig, but this time I got an "Invalid Format" floating around on my LG Oled screen.

After panic time, I unplugged the TV. Then plugged it back in.

Universal reset and all is well.
I reset the hopper three, now it’s working. Funny thing was my 4K Joeys were working but not the hopper three??

I really hope most of the World Cup games will be available in 4K. Whether it be FOX Sport or Telemundo I don't really care. Just would be nice to see the biggest Sports tournament on the planet in 4K on Dish.

Reactions: mruk69
I suppose it is possible, and I hope it comes to pass. Fox has the US TV rights and some games will be on FS1. Dish does have a contract for 4K on FS1.

You have to wonder how Dish is planning to handle HDR since their 4K Joey could not view the Olympics because of the HDR signal. 4K HDR TV’s are becoming the standard. Dish customers will be upset if they find out that their 4K Joey won’t do 4K with their new TV because of the HDR. I still don’t understand how it works. I wish someone who understands how HDR broadcasts work would explain it.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

The 4K Joey will be the DVR 721 of Joeys... It took almost two years to get Netflix, still no YouTube, no HDR, but other than that, it's brilliant!

Reactions: charlesrshell