4K Events Discussion Thread

I don't believe that the H3 does Netflix in 4K but I could be wrong. I watch 4K Netflix with the built in app on my LG TV. That is my biggest source of 4K, nearly all their series are in 4K. You can also get a 4K fire stick for next to nothing that will do all the services in 4K. H3 is only the occasional stuff and probably pay per view. I've never watched a pay per view so I don't know about that.

Do not equate 4K and HDR as the same thing. They are separate things. The Hoppet 3 is capable of both but each has its own channel. Right now the only HDR channel is 540-02. There is nothing on it recently. If you are watching the NCAA basketball available on 540-03, it is only 4K, not HDR. So, you will not light up HDR on your display because it isn’t there. Also, the Hopper settings do not have a separate HDR toggle. When you set your Hopper to 4K, 1080p, or 1080i, the HDR will be automatic when it is available.
Hdr and 4k are different folks
I don't believe that the H3 does Netflix in 4K but I could be wrong. I watch 4K Netflix with the built in app on my LG TV. That is my biggest source of 4K, nearly all their series are in 4K. You can also get a 4K fire stick for next to nothing that will do all the services in 4K. H3 is only the occasional stuff and probably pay per view. I've never watched a pay per view so I don't know about that.
Yes it does I am watching titles in 4k on the hopper and in HDR on my tv.now dish could contact Netflix to update their app so we can watch movies in HDR on the hopper 3 DVR .

Btw.

I have a 4K projector, but not HDR capable.

For those without an HDR capable set that want to watch the basketball on 540-03. If you try to tune to the channel a message pops up that you don’t have a compatible set and it won’t tune to the channel. You can hit the record shortcut while in the guide and once it starts recording you can watch it via the DVR.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Btw.

I have a 4K projector, but not HDR capable.

For those without an HDR capable set that want to watch the basketball on 540-03. If you try to tune to the channel a message pops up that you don’t have a compatible set and it won’t tune to the channel. You can hit the record shortcut while in the guide and once it starts recording you can watch it via the DVR.
The basketball on 540-03 is not HDR. It is simply 4K.

Reactions: charlesrshell
The basketball on 540-03 is not HDR. It is simply 4K.

I realize that, but I’m still getting the error message if I try to tune to it via the guide. I assume others with non HDR sets will see the same message and give up.

I'm watching some of the NCAA Tournament games through a Hopper 3 on channel 540-03 connected to a 75" Sony x900e and noticed that the picture has always been weird (very cool, grayish, flat, etc) when watching 4k on this channel. I did some tinkering with the settings and noticed that if I changed the "Color Space" setting on the TV from "Auto" to "BT.2020" the color is perfect and showing as it should be as compared to the regular HD version of the channel.

I'm liking the Adobe RGB for the games on 540-03 more so than the BT.2020.

I realize that, but I’m still getting the error message if I try to tune to it via the guide. I assume others with non HDR sets will see the same message and give up.
I don’t see how that would be considering neither the games or the channel have anything to do with HDR.

I don’t see how that would be considering neither the games or the channel have anything to do with HDR.

I’m guessing Dish didn’t set a flag correctly. I know I’m getting the error message about my set not being capable of HDR and it isn’t.

Personally I wish they would just display a message that non HDR sets may not display a correct image and let it through. I can set my projector to display a pretty good image from an HDR signal.

Reactions: pattykay
I know DISH has an agreement with FS1 , but will dish have today's MLB Braves @ Phillies game ?
I dont see it on the dish online guide - Real-Time Online Guide | MyDISH | DISH Customer Support
unrelated but i know altice / optimum took it (todays MLB game) off there schedule but DirecTV still will air the game in 4k on 105

Thanks
I don’t think so. You might take a look at the channel when the game is playing. It wouldn’t be the first time something was playing when it wasn’t in the guide.

Looking further, I see that the Basketball game is on TBS for HD and 540-03 for 4K. The baseball game is on FS1 and is televised 2 hours in front of the basketball game. I’m going to say that the baseball game will not be in 4K at all.

I don’t think so. You might take a look at the channel when the game is playing. It wouldn’t be the first time something was playing when it wasn’t in the guide.
i dont have Dish , this is why im asking here . also trying to update the 4K chart that i make on AVS forum.

thanks for your quick reply . much appreciated

here is the monthly chart i make on AVS if there are any errors please let me know, i try to make it as accurate as possible for the 4k community
i have also credited this site as a source ..

Thanks again for all your valuable information

Attachments

• March 2019-final.pdf
    211.7 KB · Views: 216
here is the monthly chart i make on AVS if there are any errors please let me know, i try to make it as accurate as possible for the 4k community
i have also credited this site as a source ..

Thanks again for all your valuable information
I’m quite aware of your chart over on AVS. I am, in fact, Bobby94928 over there. I’ve been feeding you info for Dish as we come to know it. I am unsure about how the MLB game got added although I seem to remember it being added in this thread by someone without a link to prove it. I can’t find that post any longer. You would do better to look at the no discussion thread because it is more moderated.

Dish 4K Event Listings (No Discussion)

Reactions: pattykay and dtv757
dee628bc5e5dd6648b13eb302e1a512f.jpg