4K Events Discussion Thread

I didn't see it listed, so here are the sites for the 4k Tournament games.

• March 19-20: First Four play-in games from Dayton, Ohio
  • March 22 and 24: Rounds 1 and 2 from Tulsa, Oklahoma
  • March 28 and 30: Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight from Anaheim, California

I didn't see it listed, so here are the sites for the 4k Tournament games.

• March 19-20: First Four play-in games from Dayton, Ohio
  • March 22 and 24: Rounds 1 and 2 from Tulsa, Oklahoma
  • March 28 and 30: Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight from Anaheim, California
The play in games are listed in the Events Listing thread. They will be HDR on channel 540-03. 4K Joeys may not be capable of viewing those games while Hopper 3s will be fine. The other games you have listed are not on the schedule yet. It is my understanding that they are DirecTV exclusive, but we’ll see.

I think what I was trying to say is that the games are shot in HDR but dish is not showing the HDR version. World Cup soccer looked fantastic in HDR

Turner Sports, CBS Sports Will Deliver Select NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament Games In 4K HDR
The March Madness productions are a 1080p HDR upconvert in 5.1 surround sound
By Brandon Costa, Director of Digital
Tuesday, March 19, 2019 - 2:48 pm
Print This Story

I think what I was trying to say is that the games are shot in HDR but dish is not showing the HDR version. World Cup soccer looked fantastic in HDR

Turner Sports, CBS Sports Will Deliver Select NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament Games In 4K HDR
The March Madness productions are a 1080p HDR upconvert in 5.1 surround sound
By Brandon Costa, Director of Digital
Tuesday, March 19, 2019 - 2:48 pm
Print This Story
Well, according to that, the games are not being shot in 4K, but rather upconverted, so that may also explain why they may not look quite as good as other events that were native 4K or 4K HDR.

Reactions: dtv757 and bluegras
I'm watching some of the NCAA Tournament games through a Hopper 3 on channel 540-03 connected to a 75" Sony x900e and noticed that the picture has always been weird (very cool, grayish, flat, etc) when watching 4k on this channel. I did some tinkering with the settings and noticed that if I changed the "Color Space" setting on the TV from "Auto" to "BT.2020" the color is perfect and showing as it should be as compared to the regular HD version of the channel.

My question is...why would the Auto setting not be picking the correct color space and is anyone else having this issue?

I've had issues in the past where the TV would not switch into HDR mode right away, but that was resolved by switching channels back and forth when they were showing the World Cup in 4k HDR.

Reactions: LQQK