4K Events Discussion Thread

I noticed that in the other thread there will be World Cup matches in 4K HDR. Thanks Bobby for the info.

Is there any word yet how many matches will be in 4K HDR? (Hopefully as many as DirecTV.) ;)
I noticed that the first match on Thursday is 4K HDR. That one is on is on Fox's main channel, not FS1. I think that bodes well for all of the matches being available that way on Dish, just like DirecTV. I do see that the Germany-Mexico match on Sunday is not yet listed but I believe it will be because, historically, I have seen this kind of thing before.

Does anyone know if DishAnywhere will stream channel 540 in 4K
I don’t think 540-01 or 540-02 will come up in the guide so, no, it won’t.

edit: I just tried it and it won’t connect to the channel. It says that the channel is not available for remote viewing.

I don’t think 540-01 or 540-02 will come up in the guide so, no, it won’t.

edit: I just tried it and it won’t connect to the channel. It says that the channel is not available for remote viewing.
Thank you for trying. Guess it's time for a visit from a tech to relocate my Hopper3. Been using DishAnywhere to watch TV during the remodel

Don't know why I'm just seeing this now. I'll have to do some recabling tonight, as my audio receiver isn't HDCP 2.2. Looking forward to the World Cup in 4K.

NO 4k just 4k HDR. Just like the winter olympics those of us with Dish and a non HDR 4K tv will not get the World Cup in 4K. The Dish Sw Engineers are not capable of converting 4k HDR to 4k. Directtv can. Dish is no longer the better technology supplier when it comes to SW based solutions.

Reactions: pattykay
NO 4k just 4k HDR. Just like the winter olympics those of us with Dish and a non HDR 4K tv will not get the World Cup in 4K. The Dish Sw Engineers are not capable of converting 4k HDR to 4k. Directtv can. Dish is no longer the better technology supplier when it comes to SW based solutions.

I probably won’t be able to watch it live since I’m still getting the error message on my non HDR but 4K projector. I was able to set a timer and hope to watch the replay.

I saved a recording of the Olympics opening ceremony and can watch it, so hopefully this works the same.

I probably won’t be able to watch it live since I’m still getting the error message on my non HDR but 4K projector. I was able to set a timer and hope to watch the replay.

I saved a recording of the Olympics opening ceremony and can watch it, so hopefully this works the same.
Thanks I will try that. I had to use the 40 remote . There is no record button on the 54 remote

Reactions: AKGolf
Thanks I will try that. I had to use the 40 remote . There is no record button on the 54 remote

You’ll probably need to adjust your settings when watching it. I had to save a custom memory for HDR material. It’ll display really washed out otherwise.

I still don't understand why there hasn't been and official announcement about the World Cup or how many matches will be in 4K HDR.

The tournament starts in less than a few hours and the only way I found out about 4K HDR is by this forum website. Other people who are not on this site probably have no clue that the World Cup is in 4K HDR on Dish which is horrible.

I think there is one Forbes article that vaguely mentions Dish but that is about it.
And they wonder why they are losing subscribers???

Very good picture. Getting sound as well. No commentary for me either, which sucks. I do notice the FOX broadcast in HD lags begind the HDR channel.