4K Events Discussion Thread

Super bowl should be in 4K - kinda no excuse for it not to be.
Yeah there is, the networks aren't supporting it, it's that simple. Would I like to see it in 4K, hell yes, but it would have to be on something other than OTA because OTA can't support 4K at this time, maybe later...

Yeah there is, the networks aren't supporting it, it's that simple. Would I like to see it in 4K, hell yes, but it would have to be on something other than OTA because OTA can't support 4K at this time, maybe later...
Well, ESPN could bid for the rights to the Super Bowl, but then just imagine how much more expensive ESPN would be year-round, whether you watch football or not. :eeek

Well, ESPN could bid for the rights to the Super Bowl, but then just imagine how much more expensive ESPN would be year-round, whether you watch football or not. :eeek
They could bid on it but right now they would have to air it on ABC stations (they already do that) or get destroyed by making it a PPV event.

I cannot see a difference in PQ between the 4k broadcast and the up convert that my LG OLED does. Am I doing something wrong?

I’ve recorded the same the same game in 4K and HD.

I see a huge difference on my projector.

What do people think about how they split the screen into 4 sections with 2 smaller screen on the right showing the coaches and a scoring bar on the bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

What do people think about how they split the screen into 4 sections with 2 smaller screen on the right showing the coaches and a scoring bar on the bottom.

I don’t like it, and I’m watching it on a 126 inch screen.

Reactions: pattykay
I don’t like it, and I’m watching it on a 126 inch screen.

I agree with you. I don’t need to see the coaches. I would rather have a larger view of the player action. I enjoyed the half time show with their jumping skills. Again I wish they would zoom in on the entertainers instead of taking up 2/3 of the screen with the crowd. It seems like they don’t know how to frame correctly. I would rather see a closeup of the half time show without the crowd.

I compared the 1080i broadcast on FoxS1 channel 150 with the 4K broadcast on 540-01 on my Sony XBR-65X900E television. From my recliner which is 15 feet away I notice very little difference. When I get close to the television the differences become obvious.

Reactions: pattykay
My observation has been that FOX is the only network doing 4K, as in the MLB playoffs, college basketball, college football all were on FOX or FOX affiliates (FS1, FS2 or FOX Sports channels.

Planet Earth Dynasties, Episodes 1-5, Saturday 2-23, 12:30-8PM PDT, Channel 540-3. appears to be 4K HDR, my 2015 Samsung won't display it.

Reactions: Bobby
Newer Tvs that can do 4k HDR will only show 4k high dynamic range on the hopper 3 DVR you guys on the third 4k channel