4K Events Discussion Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I recorded the game on channel 540-01 is why I didn't see HDR. I am going to record the Yankees game tonite on channel 540-02.

I believe the MLB Playoff game is only on 540-01 which means that it will not have HDR. I believe Dish does this because I remember during the Olympics that the Dish 4K Joeys can not do HDR. Dish customers with the 4K Joeys were not able to watch the Olympics.
This still baffles me since I thought that HDR would work like Dolby where you would still see the 4K resolution but just without HDR. Obviously that is not the case with the Dish transmission.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

540-02 will not be showing the game at all. If it isn't listed in the guide it isn't available. DISH will not be tying up two transponders to show the game in both SDR and HDR.

Reactions: pattykay
The 4K Joey needs to be replaced. It cannot do 4K HDR. It cannot do PIP and as a result Multiview. The simplest solution is to replace them with H3s. Why Dish refuses to be proactive with multiple H3s is a mystery. With all the loss of subscribers there must be extra H3s available.

The 4K Joey needs to be replaced. It cannot do 4K HDR. It cannot do PIP and as a result Multiview. The simplest solution is to replace them with H3s. Why Dish refuses to be proactive with multiple H3s is a mystery. With all the loss of subscribers there must be extra H3s available.
So, let’s see, change out the 4K Joey to a Joey 3 because the 4K Joey doesn’t do HDR. The 4K Joey does 4K while the H3 does HD and not 4K at all. The H3 doesn’t do PIP or Multiview either. Why would anyone want to trade something that does 4K to something that doesn’t just because it doesn’t do what a Hopper 3 can do. The 4K Joey and the Joey 3 cost exactly the same monthly. DISH allow multiple H3s, up to two. You just have to purchase the second one. We have many people here who have a two H3 installation.

In the 4K Sports Schedule in the Sources section it notes that the events in bold are in 4K HDR. In the TV Provider section is DISH the only TV provider that doesn't broadcast in 4K HDR?

Attachments

• October 2019-6.pdf
    259.8 KB · Views: 85
Reactions: dtv757
I didnt know that dish doesnt do HDR like the others

The next update I will try to make a note somehow

Thanks all for the feedback

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Do you take care of the 4K Sports Schedule dtv757? Beside the note that says BOLD EVENT IN 4K HDR, you could say (Presently no HDR for DISH TV unless scheduled in channel 540-02). Or something like that. It would be understandable to me. Also, in the TV Provider section change the channel number to 540-01. What do you think?

Reactions: dtv757
Do you take care of the 4K Sports Schedule dtv757? Beside the note that says BOLD EVENT IN 4K HDR, you could say (Presently no HDR for DISH TV unless scheduled in channel 540-02). Or something like that. It would be understandable to me. Also, in the TV Provider section change the channel number to 540-01. What do you think?
Yes, sounds perfect thanks for the suggestion

Ok next update I'll make that change

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: charlesrshell
The colors are muted the sound is worse. It is clearer, during the pregame the designs on the ties looked better close up but sitting 8 feet away the regular broadcast to my eyes is much much enjoyable with more vibrant colors. If it is going to be like this what's the point?

Sent from my SM-G935V using the SatelliteGuys app!

So, let’s see, change out the 4K Joey to a Joey 3 because the 4K Joey doesn’t do HDR. The 4K Joey does 4K while the H3 does HD and not 4K at all. The H3 doesn’t do PIP or Multiview either. Why would anyone want to trade something that does 4K to something that doesn’t just because it doesn’t do what a Hopper 3 can do. The 4K Joey and the Joey 3 cost exactly the same monthly. DISH allow multiple H3s, up to two. You just have to purchase the second one. We have many people here who have a two H3 installation.
Bobby, you seem to have caught your mistake toward the end of your post, but I thought I should point out that odbrv was talking about replacing 4K Joeys with Hopper 3's, not Joey 3's. Of course, that would make a difference in the monthly fees on the bill, as well as being a more complicated installation.

Reactions: charlesrshell
When you say H3 I assume you meant to say Joey3. The Hopper3 (H3) does do 4K HDR, PIP, and Multiview.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
Yes I meant the Joey 3 not the H3. Trust me I know exactly what the H3 does. :) My main gist in that tirade was to wonder why someone would cut off their nose to spite their face.

And then I reread the original post and see that I must not have been awake when I answered it. Somehow I read Joey 3s as the replacement and that was wrong. You can have 2 H3s however. You can’t have more than that because the hybrid technology won’t allow it.

Reactions: pattykay