4K Events Discussion Thread

Channel 540-01 NASCAR recordings sometimes work for a while then get the code 890 popup. Tried resetting the HDMI cable, hard Hopper reset, and then swapped out HDMI cable with a new one. I wonder if FOX caused this issue somehow!

Reactions: charlesrshell
We watched it live on 540-1 but I just popped the recording up on my TV and it played perfectly.

I even checked the channel and it was 540-1, I could see a difference in the picture, much sharper, less color intensity for non-HDR 4K. It actually looked more natural than the 720p broadcasts on FOX.

looks like there will be 2 FOX Sports 4K events on 13June. Please let me know which one Dish will air (in 4k). The Race or the Dog Show

Thanks

If they pick the dog show over the NASCAR All-Star Race, my Dish remote is probably going to fly through something. o_O
thumb_only-needsto-turn-left-83-everyone-crashes-via-nascar-51891897.png

;)

I guess we will find out...

By the way, today we have day one of the dog show and tomorrow we have NASCAR but not day two of the dog show. I looked in my FoxSports app on various streaming devices and I see that both days of the dog show are available in 4K/HDR as well as the NASCAR races on Sunday.

Wonder if we will see this on DISH.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
"For the first time in history, NBC Sports will provide coverage of the Olympics Games in 4K Ultra High Definition (UHD) with High Dynamic Range and Atmos sound."

Uh, didn't Dish have the last Winter Olympics in 4K HDR? So, what is the "new" part here, the Atmos sound? Or is this simply the first time that the Summer Olympics have been presented this way?

Reactions: charlesrshell
"For the first time in history, NBC Sports will provide coverage of the Olympics Games in 4K Ultra High Definition (UHD) with High Dynamic Range and Atmos sound."

Uh, didn't Dish have the last Winter Olympics in 4K HDR? So, what is the "new" part here, the Atmos sound? Or is this simply the first time that the Summer Olympics have been presented this way?
I think it's the first time "Live" .
I think the last Olympics was tape delay for 4K

Nbc summer 2021 press release

2018 winter Olympics press release, mentions a delay

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Foxbat and pattykay

Typical sensationalized headline/story. Every dang thing that gets announced anymore has to be thrown out as "history"...even if it is only "history" because of eight different, likely unimportant, qualifiers. :rolleyes:

Typical sensationalized headline/story. Every dang thing that gets announced anymore has to be thrown out as "history"...even if it is only "history" because of eight different, likely unimportant, qualifiers. :rolleyes:
Actually, the linked article does mention the live Olympics primetime show as being a "first" in a quote farther down in the article. I must have missed that part when I skimmed it the first time. I still blame that article's writer for burying the lead, instead of making that part clearer in the first sentence.