4K Events Discussion Thread

Ok good...

Now can any of your actually tune to them? I tune to them and on Olympics 1 there is video playing showing video about some of the people participating... however over the top of the video is a box saying the channel is unavailable. If I hit the guide button I can see the video in the top right box, but if I go to full screen again I see the video in the background again with the channel unavailable message over the top. Its happening on both Olympics 4K channels.

Just wondering if this is happening to anyone else? I am on the Eastern Arc.

Ok good...

Now can any of your actually tune to them? I tune to them and on Olympics 1 there is video playing showing video about some of the people participating... however over the top of the video is a box saying the channel is unavailable. If I hit the guide button I can see the video in the top right box, but if I go to full screen again I see the video in the background again with the channel unavailable message over the top. Its happening on both Olympics 4K channels.

Same thing here WA.

Ok good...

I’m not getting any video playing, unless it’s a previous channel I was on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Channels 540-04 and 540-05 both are currently unavailable. According to the Guide the first 4K event shown will be Tennis (Singles, Doubles) on Friday 7/23/21 at 10 PM. I was hoping to see more 4K events such as the Opening Ceremony.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: charlesrshell
I am going to be very upset if the Opening Ceremony is not in 4K. In prior Olympics it was. I have them recorded on my EHD. Tennis will be on in 4K on Friday through at least next Wednesday at 7PM PDT on channel 540-04. Golf will begin next Wednesday at 3:30PM PDT on channel 540-05.

So just trying to confirm what are the 4 channel numbers for dish please . Thanks

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

There are 5 4K channels total. There are only 2 channels dedicated to the Olympics, 540-04 and 540-05.
Thanks and sorry this has been very complex trying to figure out each provider which number whould be which ..

A part time channel that simulcasts NBC's network coverage | 540-01??
A part time channel that simulcasts Golf Channel's coverage | 540-02??
A part time channel that simulcasts Olympic Channel's live Tennis coverage | 540-04
A full time channel that has a mix of live events and repeats | 540-05??

Thanks as always

So just trying to confirm what are the 4 channel numbers for dish please . Thanks

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
My H3 guide has six channels 540, 540-01, 540-02, 540-03, 540-04, & 540-05. I guess 540 just opens up the 540 list. So that would be five usable channels when they work.

this is what I think im tracking please let me know how i can fix for dish , thanks

1626901356394.png

540-01, 02, and 03 are channels that have been there for quite some time and have no affiliation with the Olympics although we might see any one of them used for some event or another (Opening Ceremonies?) Only -04 and -05 are specific to the Olympics.

IMG_0081.jpeg

There are no guarantees on -01 and -02. Until DISH puts an event on the schedule we won’t know. It wouldn’t be the first time they didn’t have an event, especially in early days, on the guide but when you go to the channel, there it is.