5-07-08 HD Rumors.

thanks scott for info`

Thanks scott for the heads up, iam anticipating some hd nationals soon, how about the travel channel any hope?

When do you think the lawsuit with fox will end , before the olympics, connevtions?? What is the big deal put fox news in the AT 100- why doesn't dish do that or is it a money question?

As always thank you. We want our fox- it gets tiring watching cnn and lou dobbs.

Scott also any thoughts on a bollywood hd channel. Bollywood movies are even on blu ray, two so far,the market is huge, and they are stunning visually and musically, i would love a hd pay per view bollywood, with say eros titles etc.

Has there been any talk about Pennsylvania? I get Harrisburg PA locals.
I, too, am wondering when they will hit (being in the same market). Looking at the spot beam maps, though, I don't think we will see 'em anytime soon. We are on the outer edge of the beams serving Philly and Balt/Washington. Don't know if they will cover enough of the DMA (read: area north and west of Harrisburg before you get to the Altoon/Johnstown and Scranton/Wilkes Berre markets)

I, too, am wondering when they will hit (being in the same market). Looking at the spot beam maps, though, I don't think we will see 'em anytime soon. We are on the outer edge of the beams serving Philly and Balt/Washington. Don't know if they will cover enough of the DMA (read: area north and west of Harrisburg before you get to the Altoon/Johnstown and Scranton/Wilkes Berre markets)

that makes three of us waiting for Harrisburg pa locals in HD. It makes me sick to my stomache, cuz every provider has these now EXCEPT for you know who(Dish Net)
:hungry:
Come on Dish PLEASE get on the freakin ball man

OTA is the better option anyways, much better PQ. Plus, OTA you get the sub-channels (for example in Lanc/Harrisburg: 8.2 WeatherPlus, 27.2 which will be RTN next week, and -hopefully a more powerful signal post-transition- My21.2) that will not show up any time soon.

But would be nice to DVR more than one local at a time...

Last edited:
OTA is the better option anyways, much better PQ. Plus, OTA you get the sub-channels (for example in Lanc/Harrisburg: 8.2 WeatherPlus, 27.2 which will be RTN next week, and -hopefully a more powerful signal post-transition- My21.2) that will not show up any time soon.

But would be nice to DVR more than one local at a time...

I cannot get any locals via OTA where I live, I had bought an expensive OTA and could only pick up the CW(15), so I sold it on Ebay

You will not see any new channels on Dish Network from Fox until this lawsuit is settled. This includes, Fox News, Fox Business

[Objective Mode Off]
HOORAY! NO HD NEWS FOR SCUMBAG RIGHTWING NUTJOB SHEEP!
[/Objective Mode On]

Well, I hope they settle things soon, so everyone can get what they want.

Honestly if i could just get my Locals in HD I'd be the happiest sub in the world. DirectTV already has locals here. Kind of upsetting :(..anyway Scott do you know when locals will start to come in the Western Kentucky area. (Paducah, KY)

Thanks,

Chandler

so are we looking at national HD today? what i can gather there are hints of:

DisneyHD
ToonDisneyHD
ESPNNewsHD
BravoHD

anything else we could expect?

so are we looking at national HD today? what i can gather there are hints of:

DisneyHD
ToonDisneyHD
ESPNNewsHD
BravoHD

anything else we could expect?

I think we should get these :D

Then everyone will be happy until... hmmm... say, next Tuesday or early Wednesday!

No to DisneyHD and no to Toon Disney HD.

I thought that they did not generally uplink channels from more than one provider on the same day?

So, why would they do Bravo (NBC-U) and ESPNnews (Disney) on the same day? Why didn't they do Bravo with Sci-Fi and USA? And why would they not do CNBC with Bravo?

Just curious.

Also, does anyone know when Dish's Local carriage contracts with the Fox owned and operated Local stations runs out? I thought that was coming up soon.