6/22/2010 9:45am - Uplink Activity Report - 33 changes

this is Deja Vu, just on the heels of last months dispute that almost caused us The Weather Channel and briefly gave us a failure of a 24/7 weather called The Weather Cast, which was pulled as soon as the dispute ended. now this, luckly i'm a Dish SD customer, so i won't be affected as hard as the Dispute over TWC.

it's Charlie being Charlie, a cheap b****** who knows how to make his customer's angry and end up saying F*** you to him and switch to DirecTV or Cable.

I agree ABC FM is a bunch of reruns which don't need to be in HD and ESPN news is pretty much more stats on screen.

The issue is, other content providers may follow suit and try to charge for stuff that should be standard.

Does this mean we're going back to the enabling fee? Probably. A la carte perhaps, only time will tell, hopefully not too soon.

As per D*, just remember, even if you're not a sports fan you are still helping them pay for ST.

Last time I checked, we Pay Dishnetwork based on the Channels offered.

So because E* didn't pull the feed, we should blaim Disney?

Let me see if Disney cashed my check last month , maybe thats why we lost service.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Disney indirectly DID cash your check last month since Dish has to pay fees to Disney to carry their content.

From my perspective, here's my understanding of how things have gone down:
-Dish starts carrying Disney HD channels for no additional cost to fees that they already pay Disney
-Disney agrees and gives Dish access to the feed(s)
-Due to recession, Disney loses ad revenue, needs to find a way re-coup it
-They go to dish and demand that they pay to carry HD
-Dish sues - Disney wins
-Disney pulls HD feed until they can come to an "amicable" agreement

Doesn't look like its Dish's fault to me - they are trying to protect the new "Free HD" policy which they just started which wouldn't be able to stand if Dish didn't get HD feeds for free from providers as long as they continue to carry SD. If other providers follow Disney's foot steps, this could be a disaster. Dish has to put their foot down NOW. Yet, you and other customers like you are doing exactly what Disney wants you to do - bitch and moan so that Dish folds and they get their money.

Like I said before....you would be singing a much different tune if Dish announced the suspension of their free HD program and tacked a $10/month fee back on your bill.

Last edited:
I think the smart ones at dish are his lawyers. How many lawsuits? Tivo keeps going on and on,this one with disney and cablevision.

Disney indirectly DID cash your check last month since Dish has to pay fees to Disney to carry their content.

From my perspective, here's my understanding of how things have gone down:
-Dish starts carrying Disney HD channels for no additional cost to fees that they already pay Disney
-Disney agrees and gives Dish access to the feed(s)
-Due to recession, Disney loses ad revenue, needs to find a way re-coup it
-They go to dish and demand that they pay to carry HD
-Dish sues - Disney wins
-Disney pulls HD feed until they can come to an "amicable" agreement

Doesn't look like its Dish's fault to me - they are trying to protect the new "Free HD" policy which they just started which wouldn't be able to stand if Dish didn't get HD feeds for free from providers as long as they continue to carry SD. If other providers follow Disney's foot steps, this could be a disaster. Dish has to put their foot down NOW. Yet, you and other customers like you are doing exactly what Disney wants you to do - bitch and moan so that Dish folds and they get their money.

Like I said before....you would be singing a much different tune if Dish announced the suspension of their free HD program and tacked a $10/month fee back on your bill.
It is absolutely 100% E* fault.
And for the record HD and Platinum have been a single $10 fee for over 1 year.
So don't be fooled by your so called free HD.;)

As far as bitching and moaning , well maybe if E* could go a year without losing millions to lawsuits, he could afford to keep his SD and HD channels.

Who else is disputing with Disney?

Charlie is far from saving the world, wait untill your next channel drop.:p

In my opinion those channels are a waste of bandwith. I wish they would use the that bandwith to ad HD to some other more interesting channels in Hd ,such as The Outdoor Channel, RFD TV. Alot of people bitch when their prices go up, atleast Charlie is fighting to keep them lower, by not just caving into to every programmers ridiculous rate increase.

It is absolutely 100% E* fault.
And for the record HD and Platinum have been a single $10 fee for over 1 year.
So don't be fooled by your so called free HD.;)

As far as bitching and moaning , well maybe if E* could go a year without losing millions to lawsuits, he could afford to keep his SD and HD channels.

Who else is disputing with Disney?

Charlie is far from saving the world, wait untill your next channel drop.:p

The free hd is nothing more than a marketing scam.
when i got dish last sept i got the HD for ten ,Platinum free now it is reversed
and they rasied my bill 13.00 for a receiver .
Now they use this for a reason to drop channels .
I hope they do not give me anymore free stuff I cant afford it.

Man, such whining. Yes, it sucks to lose HD. But would it not suck more to have bills go up $5 in Feb insted of $2?

You act like this is to save Charlie money. It isn't. He passes any and all costs down to us. He is doing this to save us money, as he accurately belives his incredible prices is one of the things that makes his service attractive.

What is rediculous is Disney now demanding seperate deals (and pricing) for HD. HD is the future; they should now that. ESPN HD was one of the first HD channels out there. They should be leaders in making HD the new base standard. Instead, Disney just wants a money grab.

Dish better not pull Nick HD next otherwise I will have nothing to watch. OT I wish the stupid Nick at Nite did not start so dang early.

As others have asked, how old are you? You talk about watching Nick and Disney all day. I don't think anyone over 12 without children (and all mental facalties in place) can stand their programming. You do know you need to have permission from you parents to be here?

All you people need to shut up. Go and watch your m rated crap on hbo and fx with there vulgar language. I watch these channels when there is nothing on and I will miss them. Also I am 33 and do suffer from mental problems and those kids shows keep me calm and are my guilty pleasure.

While I don't agree with Dish and Disney pulling these channels out, people can watch whatever the hell they want. If a 40 yrs. old enjoys watching cartoons, that is his/her prerogative. Nobody needs to tell them what they can or can't watch.

Is this why the online chats are not available for Dish network? Getting a little overwhelmed?

Attachments

• dish Unavailable.JPG
    dish Unavailable.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 216
All you people need to shut up. Go and watch your m rated crap on hbo and fx with there vulgar language. I watch these channels when there is nothing on and I will miss them. Also I am 33 and do suffer from mental problems and those kids shows keep me calm and are my guilty pleasure.

I don't watch M rated crap and hate vulgar language as well. But that does not mean I subsist on child/tween programming like Hannah Montana and Zach and Cody. Pleanty of older shows out there, not to mention newer programing on Discovery Networks/History/HGTV/Food/Travel etc. to keep an adult busy without resorting to childrens programming.

But watch what you want. I just find it strange that an adult admits to watching such shows.

Man, such whining. Yes, it sucks to lose HD. But would it not suck more to have bills go up $5 in Feb insted of $2?

You act like this is to save Charlie money. It isn't. He passes any and all costs down to us. He is doing this to save us money, as he accurately belives his incredible prices is one of the things that makes his service attractive.

What is rediculous is Disney now demanding seperate deals (and pricing) for HD. HD is the future; they should now that. ESPN HD was one of the first HD channels out there. They should be leaders in making HD the new base standard. Instead, Disney just wants a money grab.

This I agree with and don't understand Disney. I would hope one day all SD channels will end and every channel will be in HD, (notice I said channels, not programs).
Disney has lost it's identity as a "Family Oriented" company, and has replaced it to become known pretty much as just another huge, powerhouse, corporation. Not that Disney doesn't put out great family movies still, but Disney will get their hands into anything that they think will make a buck for them...

Ghpr13:)

Reddice,
Personally, as a member of this thread, I would like to apologize to you. What you watch and like are your own choice. I'm 53 and still will sit down and watch the old Bugs Bunny & Roadrunner cartoons, the Muppets (my favorites), and Woody Woodpecker cartoons.
IMO, part of today's problem is too many "adults" have forgotten how to sit back and just laugh at something...everything doesn't need to have a meaning...Why can't a person just laugh...We certainly have plenty to worry and cry about...let's those who choose to "escape" for a while by watching something that just makes them feel good do it.

Enjoy yourself Reddice...I have to go now. I think I'm going to pop in the Muppet Movie, pop open a Coca Cola, and LMAO.
Peace,
Ghpr13:)

Last edited:
jwgreen68 said:
You add absolutely no useful or helpful information to this site. Your criticism is not even constructive. I'll reimburse you for your pub membership if you promise to just leave. Go to bstalk and bitch about directv there for awhile.

You should just get dumped flamming is not allowed in these forums and should be strictly enforced.

You should just get dumped flamming is not allowed in these forums and should be strictly enforced.
Look at your 1000+ posts and show me 1 where you offered something constructive to a post? Goaliebob is close to being on your level with all of his constant negativity. I guess some people just can't find anything to be happy about in life? This has been said before, but I will say it again: Dish did NOT pull these channels,Disney did! It's nothing more than a negotiating tactic. All you people here that talk crap about E* raising their prices, then in the same breath, berate Charlie cause he won't give in to price increases that would be passed along to you. WTF is wrong with all of you? Should he just give in to their demands, give you the channels and absorb the cost himself? He already gives you hundreds of dollars in free equipment. And lets face it; there are 1000's of deadbeats out there who he never breaks even on. If you don't like a service provider, then move on! And as far as Directv having fewer carriage disputes, it is known that certain companies have their favorites to deal with. In the past, Cable got all the breaks and satellite was left out in the cold by programmers.

Watching a cartoon is one thing. But when a grown man sits down and watches tween programming alone, theres a problem there. Having a few beers with buddies is fun but having a 12 pack everyday at 11 am makes you an alcoholic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)