6 Month Free HD from Dish DELAYED

I sent the following email to CEO and voice my opinion about this promo deal:

Dear CEO,

As a royal Dish customer, and paying almost $200/mo. of Dish services (not counting the thousands of dollars that I have invested on Dish equipment), I am a little frustrated with the recently announced HD Package Promotion offer.

As much as I can understand your promotion intension is to attract more people join the Dish family, but it could also be the least thing that you can do to show your appreciation to all the existing royal customer as well. By excluding such offer to existing customer like myself, it just gave me such bad taste in mouth after all those time of support we have been giving to Dish.

Sincerely,

Howard Zhao
Dish Account No.: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I like to see how they reply and what kind of BS they will put out.

Howard,

I am also a person who spends lots of money on his Dish Network service, I have the Everything pack as well as the HD package.

I feel that them excluding current subscribers from this promotion is a slap in the face by Dish Network. Why can someone whos paying less get more then me? Dish should offer the 6 months Free HD package to EVERYONE who calls and requests it. I don't care if they make me sign a 1 year commitment to get it.

Everytime Dish gives stuff away for free, I am left holding the bag paying full price for everything.

Its time for Dish to take care of their good customers.

Scott,

They are also missing out on getting new business from the likes of me. Right now I have an 811 but don't have the HD package, mainly because I couldn't persuade the wife to get it. I was going to use the 6 months free HD to show her why we needed it, but now I guess we'll live with only the locals in HD.

Just got this from one of my contacts at Dish, take it for what its worth. :) I would keep on riding them until we have success though. :D

I know I am working hard on this to help save you gus money. :D

Yes, we are looking into the feasibility to provide a solution for our existing customers. As you are aware, we initially did plan on including them in this new promotion. However, we did identify some system issues that prevented us from including the existing customer upgrades in our offer. As Jim (Defranco) indicated yesterday on the chat, once we have our systems setup to manage the existing customers, we will let you know.

I don't understand why their account management system can't accomodate exisiting customers. This sounds like a steaming pile of bullsh*t to me.

ALL customers are managed by the same account management system, are they not? As such, ALL customers should be technically able to receive any promotion, if the CSR enters it as such. If not, something is just seriously fugged up with their account management software. Time to give SAP a call.

Remember when I said before that SatelliteGuys was running on a much more powerfull server then Dish Network was using...

I don't think I was making it up.

The problem is their system has been hand built, when somthing new was needed they had a guy in the backroom make a new module....

The should have moved their system to something else like a CABLE DATA type setup and then making these changes would be much easier, but now each time they do something its like reinventing the wheel.

Stick on them folks. :)

What kind line of "BS" was that????????? .....system problem to handle the existing customer......? If that was the case for Dish, they should consider hire me as their IT consultant.......... No wonder their stock keep dropping :) Existing customer should be their core business, did management at Dish ever learned that concept during their school year? or they just all the "drop outs" :)

Actually, as soon as I heard they were system issue, it made perfect sense. Dish is tied to their system when doing this stuff, and as we've seen in the past, many people have had to suffer a lot of because limititations in their computer system. (sorry sir, you can not add more programming till your 811 work order is complete....waits 3 months for 811 to be delivered.....)

This shouldn't be that hard to do, can't they just set it up to apply credits, like the CSR can do.

It could work like the Value Pak Promo pack worked

Apply 6 HD credits for every customer that has the HD pack(1 each month for $9.99)

Here I can do it write now: :D

Code:
if {
hd = true;
cost = cost-9.99;
array (cycles = cycle+1);
total cycles = 6;
end if;
}

BFG said:
This shouldn't be that hard to do, can't they just set it up to apply credits, like the CSR can do.

It could work like the Value Pak Promo pack worked

Apply 6 HD credits for every customer that has the HD pack(1 each month for $9.99)

Here I can do it write now: :D

Code:
{
if hd = true;
cost = cost-9.99;
array (cycles = cycle+1);
total cycles = 6;
}

What language is that??? Never seen brackets on the outside of an If? In Java it might look something like this. ;)

Code:
UserAccount user; 
DishUserList userList; 
Enumeration users;  
MonthlyStatement currentMonthlyStatement; 

userList = DishUserList.init(); 
users = userList.getUsers(); 

while (users.hasNext()) 
{
     user = (UserAccount) user.next(); 
     // Check to see if the user currently has the package if so Credit 
     // them and add commitment. 
     if ( user.hasPackage(HD_PACKAGE, promationDate) )  
    {
         currentMonthlyStatement = user.getCurrentStatement(); 
         currentMonthlyStatement.addCredit(9.99);
         // Get the next 5 months and credit them.
         for (int i=0; i < 5; i++)
         {
              currentMonthlyStatement = currentMonthlyStatment.next(); 
              currentMonthlyStatement.addCredit(9.99);
         }  
        // Don't forget to add the commitment if there is one. 
        user.AddCommitment(ONE_YEAR); 
    }

}

DISH needs to allow existing customers to get in on this deal. After all, Directv allowed us existing customers to get it, even if we already had the HD pak!!

I really don't see the problem DISH says they have. If one provider can do it, why can't the other? I thought DISH advertised that they were on the cutting edge of technology?

WeeJavaDude said:
Nah.. Most likely C.. But writing it in C would not be as fun for me. ;)

To be this much of a pain in the ass it has to be written in Visual Basic. Drag and drop pseudo programmers. GRRRRR...........

NightRyder

More so, if Dish claim that was the problem because of "system related issue", how they even claim themselves to have "world class customer services".......... To me, the bottom line is that Dish will try so hard to squeeze the profit out of those paying customer, like you & me. Beside, this whole HD promo, is far less risky to them to ruin their reputation, after all, the HD subscribers are still an small percentage. Most importantly, for those of us that jumped on HD band wagon, has invested a lot into the dish equipment, we are less likely to leave just for $60.00. If any, will be very small portion of that. The bets for Dish is if this promo generated 2 new customer by "pissed off" one exist customer, it is still profit for them.

So, there is no system issues, only their greedy mind.

GaryPen said:
Java? You think Dish is using Java? They are probably using some proprietary version of DOS.
Hey guys, give Dish the benefit of the doubt, they must be up to at least a Commodore Vic 20 by now. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)