622 clicking

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nmfiredawg

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2007
Ok I searched and think that my hard drive is going out, but just to confirm. Everytime I hit the back button, or change channels the receiver clicks. Is this a sign that the harddrive is going out or is it another problem. My temps average 120F and high has been 140.

Is it time to upgrade?

move it quick

Ok I searched and think that my hard drive is going out, but just to confirm. Everytime I hit the back button, or change channels the receiver clicks. Is this a sign that the harddrive is going out or is it another problem. My temps average 120F and high has been 140.

Is it time to upgrade?

Get as much off the HDD to an ext ASAP. That is the sound of the bearings starting to go bad on an HDD.

In the process of transferring everything off the 622. Should I just buy a new HD or go with a new receiver. Don't knod if I want to buy a new one.

You own?

In the process of transferring everything off the 622. Should I just buy a new HD or go with a new receiver. Don't knod if I want to buy a new one.

So you are saying that you own the 622? If you own it you could replace the HDD, if you lease then you need to switch it out as it's not yours to modify.

Generally, I think, Dish will swap receivers even for owned ones. You must look out for them changing it from owned to leased on their books. You do have proof of purchase with serial number and try to get an acknowledgment on the exchange. No change in fees but sometimes 622s are scarce for swaps so you might be asked for an upgrade fee, take it.
-Ken