622 L4.01 To Spool on Thursday! (Not sure WHICH thursday though)

Yeah, Scott ! See ?! Nay, they're cheated you ;).

If you want catch the lie next time, I can help you setup monitoring machine, sort of a Verificator of their spooling process . :D

My daughter-in-law writes code. She tells me that a program might work fine in simulation, but once it is released to the customers is when the bugs show up especially if the harware does not take the update correctly. Very confusing to me. I just wish Dish would forget about making all these announcements and just make the receivers work as well as possible. I would guess 99.99% of Dish customers have no idea what there software version is and/or could care less.

That's what beta testing is for. :up I would agree about dish customers not caring what their software version is on lower end receivers, but this forum is all about those who DO care especially about their 622's. If it wasn't ready fine, (none of us want to go back of all of the problems 811 early adoptees:eek: ) but don't make a release date public. I am chomping at the bit to get the USB external HD capability. Now, I am sad :(

Well, since USB external storage wasn't and won't be included in this release anyway you have awhile to wait ;)

Well, since USB external storage wasn't and won't be included in this release anyway you have awhile to wait ;)

OK, so I am sad thay I won't have the HD Icons on my channel display.:p

But as one release is delayed, so the others that follow will also.
I love my 622, except for the limited HD archive storage that USB support will fix. I won't even mind the price increases.:eek:

Yeah, Scott ! See ?! Nay, they're cheated you ;).

If you want catch the lie next time, I can help you setup monitoring machine, sort of a Verificator of their spooling process . :D

If I only knew about half of what you knew about this stuff I would be dangerous. :)

I could be the only one who doesn't know the answer: does the spoolling process start only on Thursdays, or is any day of the week possible?

Normally they spool Monday through Thursday. They dont spool on friday as in case there is an issue they dont want the call centers (which are less manned on the weekends) to get flooded with calls.

They did have a couple of software updates last Friday maybe because they couldn't do them on Thursday. But like Scott said they normally don't spool software updates on Fridays.

3/15/2007: 1024 Software Version P4.14 for DP311

Effective Friday, March 16th, Engineering plans to spool a PARTIAL PHASE of software version P4.14 for the DP311 receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.
At this time P4.13 and P4.14 will be the valid software versions for the DP311.

3/15/2007: 1023 Software Version P3.46 and P3.92 for DP301

Effective Friday, March 16th, Engineering plans to spool a PARTIAL PHASE of software version P3.46 and P3.92 for the DP301 receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.
At this time P3.45, P3.46, P3.91 and P3.92 will be the valid software versions for the DP301.

Yup there is another thread about this. :)

The software guys feel its going to roll. Let's cross our fingers and hope it does. :)

I find this all extremely interesting. I just spent the last hour (couldn't believe it myself) reading this extremely long thread or rather a spool (note the pun - get it 'spool' - 'download spool' - nevermind) a spool of thread of rants about dish and their competance level in releasing an update. I have visited this site on a few occasions out of interest but have never stayed long enough to want to write a post (picky poster i guess).
I have had some training in software development (Associate and BS in CIS) and I currently install for a RSP(Regional Service Provider) of dish network (don't laugh, I have had a bit of a hiatus since college and really you only get a job in computers with a CS degree). I seem to be on the outside cuff of where many of you are and from an outside perspective you all seem a bit off. I agree with an earlier poster, the improvement that you are waiting for most (about 99%) of dish customers give a flying rip (how many times I have had to do a dish 500 upgrade just for the RFD channel - I mean - "a channel - about - cattle" - give me a break).
Many of the customers I install HD for I just want to take the over to the side, ask them to turn up their hearing aide and say - wouldn't you rather have this nice (relatively) compact 301 reciever, because truly I don't want you calling me on my cell phone at 2 am because you don't think you are getting RFD in HD or because your local channels seem a bit fuzzy and all of this hooha because someone (cough e*, d*, cable, bigTV cough) said that you were going to have to have an hd television (because everybody knows tht the d in hd means digitial right) by 2000 and whatever (talk about an unreal deadline). And forget a nice little HD symbol in the guide because they are never even going to even know what the guide is. But i digress

And as far as software releases go. Well thats just par for the course for any company that releases software. Many companies have problems with software releases and they don't have users with eighteen month contract agreements.

So enough with the rants OK

That is just my two sense (of course it could be that it is just 12:30 am and I am exhausted)
the Caveman (fear the club)

Last edited:
Frankly, I'm pretty disturbed at the fact that E* was going to release it last week, then they changed it to this week and THEN they changed it to the fact that you have to send some dude on the internet your receivers vital "security-type" information to be put on a list just to be able to test the software that they should have released already. How stupid!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)