622 Sound Issue

cummingsje

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2007
Over the past week I have noticed a sound issue on my 622. It sounds a little like the sound is coming through a "tin can". There is no degraded video associated with this and it appears on random channels (HD and SD). It also doesn't occur all the time. I thought that perhaps my wife or I accidentally hit a different sound mode on our Kenwood receiver but that is not the case. I have my 622 hooked up through an optical cable to the Kenwood and DVI/HDMI to my Sony RPTV. I have also tried the different DD/PCM settings on the 622 to no avail. I also spoke to my brother who has a 622 and he noticed the same sound issue. Anyone else noticing this or have a fix?

Like video, some programs are lacking in sound quality, some more than others, especially the SD programs. I would say it is origination, not your 622.

Like video, some programs are lacking in sound quality, some more than others, especially the SD programs. I would say it is origination, not your 622.

Thanks for the reply. That would have been my original assessment as well but it also occurs with my OTA channels, and I never noticed it until last week.

Thanks for the reply. That would have been my original assessment as well but it also occurs with my OTA channels, and I never noticed it until last week.
OTA channels are not exempt. If it's a bad source, it does not matter. Garbage in, garbage out.

I agree with cummingsje. I too (just switched over from comcast cable) noticed while watching "scrubs" on comedy central the same "tin can" sound. Never heard this on comcast for all the years i had it. I also noticed that sound for about 5 minutes while watching the NBA playoffs pistons and bulls. I believe it has something to do with the reciever.

The tin can sound is usually due to a fiber-optic link not being synchronized or tuned properly and there are reflections in the circuit. Probably an uplink problem between the station and Dish.

I’ve been having a similar problem. It’s not a tin can sound it basically is the subwoofer or bass shutting off, weird. It’s simply fixed by me hitting pause a couple times and the bass is back.
It only happens when I'm playing back a recorded show.
It's really annoying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts