622 Sound Issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cummingsje

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2007
Over the past week I have noticed a sound issue on my 622. It sounds a little like the sound is coming through a "tin can". There is no degraded video associated with this and it appears on random channels (HD and SD). It also doesn't occur all the time. I thought that perhaps my wife or I accidentally hit a different sound mode on our Kenwood receiver but that is not the case. I have my 622 hooked up through an optical cable to the Kenwood and DVI/HDMI to my Sony RPTV. I have also tried the different DD/PCM settings on the 622 to no avail. I also spoke to my brother who has a 622 and he noticed the same sound issue. Anyone else noticing this or have a fix?

Like video, some programs are lacking in sound quality, some more than others, especially the SD programs. I would say it is origination, not your 622.

Like video, some programs are lacking in sound quality, some more than others, especially the SD programs. I would say it is origination, not your 622.

Thanks for the reply. That would have been my original assessment as well but it also occurs with my OTA channels, and I never noticed it until last week.

Thanks for the reply. That would have been my original assessment as well but it also occurs with my OTA channels, and I never noticed it until last week.
OTA channels are not exempt. If it's a bad source, it does not matter. Garbage in, garbage out.

I agree with cummingsje. I too (just switched over from comcast cable) noticed while watching "scrubs" on comedy central the same "tin can" sound. Never heard this on comcast for all the years i had it. I also noticed that sound for about 5 minutes while watching the NBA playoffs pistons and bulls. I believe it has something to do with the reciever.

The tin can sound is usually due to a fiber-optic link not being synchronized or tuned properly and there are reflections in the circuit. Probably an uplink problem between the station and Dish.

I’ve been having a similar problem. It’s not a tin can sound it basically is the subwoofer or bass shutting off, weird. It’s simply fixed by me hitting pause a couple times and the bass is back.
It only happens when I'm playing back a recorded show.
It's really annoying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)