622 with 4 TV's and coax ..how?

crones

Original poster
Aug 2, 2004
Please excuse my ignorance in advance but after browsing this excellent forum I am somewhat confused on the below points.

I have seen several posts with people mentioning that it is possible to run 4 or more TV's off of 1 Vip622 receiver. How is this done since it is a dual tuner?
Does this mean that 2 TV's would have to watch the same programing as the other 2 when they're all turned on?

Also how does that work with the remotes meaning that the VIP622 box ships with only 2 remotes (1UHF and 1IR)? The ones that are running more than 2 TV's off the 622 purchased additional remotes or use the same remotes at multiple TV sets?

Lastly I know that picture quality is heavily dependant on the type of A/V connectors/cable used, basically if I'm not mistaken from worst to best, - coax, RCA, S-video, composite, component, DVI and the best being now HDMI.
Sorry if its not in the right order but note that coax is at the bottom of the totem pole. If 1 622 box is used and the 3 remaining TV sets are a good distance away doesn't it mean that a coax connection would have to be used therefore delivering the worst A/V quality available to the other TV sets in the house?

So again please correct me if I'm wrong, the 622 box logically needs to be placed closest to the best TV set in the household so a better A/V connector could be used be it component or HDMI?

Thanks in advance,

GR

You can split the output for TV 2 but each TV will have the same programming. You'll have to get another receiver if you want to watch different channels on all your TVs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)