$65 dollar lg blu-ray players at wal-mart

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Gib4500

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 29, 2005
Ohio
I went to walmart earlier today and found some really cheap blu-ray players there. They were kind of hidden. The model number is Lg bd530. I had them scan it and it came up 65 bucks. I picked up 2 of them for christmas presents. I tested it out and it does the hd audio codecs and the picture quality seems to be atleast on par with my ps3 if not better when playing a blu-ray. Load times didn't seem bad either. Sears did have this model for a similar price but i think they raised the price on it. Amazon currently has it for about $80. One of the few negatives about it though is that it doesn't have netflix. It does have an ethernet port though so you can update it's firmware which is good.

I picked one up today for a Christmas present. I think it will work great in the kid's room. Now I don't have to spend the extra for DVD combo packs.

Yep. Prices coming down faster than I expected. Won't be long before all but the very cheapest video disc players will play BDs as well as DVDs.

Looking at all of these great prices, I am tempted to dump my Magnavox for a better one -- particularly since the magnavox won't play AVCHD.

Do these play PAL DVDs? I have a lot of those
You mean support for 576 lines of resolution or playing commercial discs (aka region free)?
I think it will do the first and not the second (haven't see region free out of the box BD players).

Just make a copy of the DVD (on a computer) with all DRM stripped...

Diogen.

the zip file can be used on all LG players DVD and BD. That's the same file I used for my moms LG home theater.........it played PAL DVDs from region 2-4 and played NTSC region 3 DVDs

I bought the $99 Sony one as well. I was going to go and get the $65 one, but the Sony one has Netflix too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)