$65 dollar lg blu-ray players at wal-mart

Gib4500

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 29, 2005
Ohio
I went to walmart earlier today and found some really cheap blu-ray players there. They were kind of hidden. The model number is Lg bd530. I had them scan it and it came up 65 bucks. I picked up 2 of them for christmas presents. I tested it out and it does the hd audio codecs and the picture quality seems to be atleast on par with my ps3 if not better when playing a blu-ray. Load times didn't seem bad either. Sears did have this model for a similar price but i think they raised the price on it. Amazon currently has it for about $80. One of the few negatives about it though is that it doesn't have netflix. It does have an ethernet port though so you can update it's firmware which is good.

I picked one up today for a Christmas present. I think it will work great in the kid's room. Now I don't have to spend the extra for DVD combo packs.

Yep. Prices coming down faster than I expected. Won't be long before all but the very cheapest video disc players will play BDs as well as DVDs.

Looking at all of these great prices, I am tempted to dump my Magnavox for a better one -- particularly since the magnavox won't play AVCHD.

Do these play PAL DVDs? I have a lot of those
You mean support for 576 lines of resolution or playing commercial discs (aka region free)?
I think it will do the first and not the second (haven't see region free out of the box BD players).

Just make a copy of the DVD (on a computer) with all DRM stripped...

Diogen.

the zip file can be used on all LG players DVD and BD. That's the same file I used for my moms LG home theater.........it played PAL DVDs from region 2-4 and played NTSC region 3 DVDs

I bought the $99 Sony one as well. I was going to go and get the $65 one, but the Sony one has Netflix too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)