7 dishes to one stb?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The 22k switch has to be an ecoda though as most 22k switches wont pass Diseqc commands

Oh I made some costly mistakes here then. The switches are bought are Sadoun pulse Controlled Switch (0/22KHz) s-sm21H. 950-2150MHz.
And a Sadounb DisEqC Switch 4X1. And I got three TEE-COMM KU DLNBF. input feg-117-12.2 GHz
output
950-1450 MHz.
Well I got out there today to set up. I have a 1.2m dish on G17 91W. And a 1m dish (it was on G16 99W C-band) (but I put it on KU amc-1 KU. And I got 2 DTV 36inch world dishes, one is on amc9 83W and the other is hitting 101W. Well I got one of the new lnb and on the 1m dish that was pointing to 99.9W I tried to hit some other sats with it. I was trying to hit amc1 or galaxy 19 or 101W or 83W No go I could not get anything. So then I took c-band lnbf off of arm and put new lnb Tee-Comm on arm and tried to hit KU side of 99.9W came in good, so I know these lnb's are good. (Sadoun) has them on sale for $5.00 a piece. Well then I tried to hit something on m 1.2m dish with new lnbf. My 1.2m is on 91W G17, so with the KU band I was trying to hit (95W) and 83W 97W I could not hit anything. I thought if the dish was 91W with c-band that if I put KU lnb right next to it or move it around a bit that I would get something close to it in but no good. So I took c-band lnb off of 1.m dish that was on G16 99.9W and put KU lnb on it and put it on amc1 103W. Cause all I was hitting with c-band on G16 was Lesea network anyhow. So IceBreg how can I hit more then one KU sat on the same dish?

I don't recall the rule of thumb (kinda depends on the dish and its size), but getting two birds more than... maybe 10° apart, will be challenging.
It's always fun to experiment, so let us know how it works out.
Best results will be with both LNBFs off center, one to the east, one to the west.

edit:
If you need some encouragement, just ask.
I have a number of pictures & threads to point you to.
Many members have doen multiple LNBs, so they may chime in, too! :up

I woud like to see those pictures and links Anole.

how can I hit more then one KU sat on the same dish?

it depends on the spacing between the satellites....generally speaking two lnbs that are mounted side by side will aim approximately 8-10 degrees apart in the sky....so if you wanted to do 91w and 101w on the same dish then that would be possible....or 87w and 97w....etc etc...it becomes difficult if the satellites are too close together or too far apart....having said all of this, i really think you would be best just putting a motor on your 1m or 1.2m....that would get you everything on one dish....

it depends on the spacing between the satellites....generally speaking two lnbs that are mounted side by side will aim approximately 8-10 degrees apart in the sky....so if you wanted to do 91w and 101w on the same dish then that would be possible....or 87w and 97w....etc etc...it becomes difficult if the satellites are too close together or too far apart....having said all of this, i really think you would be best just putting a motor on your 1m or 1.2m....that would get you everything on one dish....

Thanks for the info. I am all done with motors.

"Wow" LOL you blew me away with all that info Anole. Thank you. Great pics also. After seeing all that I think it would be best just to use sperate dishes for each sat. That is the same 1m oval PrimeStar dish that I have. Well I will be working on this
for a while. let you guys know how I make out.

Are you using the 84e one meter wide Primestar dishes?
Those are great candidates. :up

And if you need two birds that are a bit close to snag with standard diameter LNBFs, get the small ones sold by SatelliteAV.
That's what was used in the "Linuxman and entire arc on 6' Prodelin" thread.
If you are only running a single receiver, Brian has single output LNBFs for less than the dual-output models Linuxman used.

And on the same page, note the bracket for two of those LNBFs, to get 97° and 101° on the SatAV dish.
Not a universal bracket, but food for thought. :up

Oh I made some costly mistakes here then. The switches are bought are Sadoun pulse Controlled Switch (0/22KHz) s-sm21H. 950-2150MHz.
And a Sadounb DisEqC Switch 4X1. And I got three TEE-COMM KU DLNBF. input feg-117-12.2 GHz
output

If you put the diseqc switch first then the 22k switches
(receiver-----diseqc----22k---LNB)
then it doesnt matter the brand

But if you put the 22k first and use 2 4x1 diseqc switches then it has to be the two brands posted above

If you put the diseqc switch first then the 22k switches
(receiver-----diseqc----22k---LNB)
then it doesnt matter the brand

But if you put the 22k first and use 2 4x1 diseqc switches then it has to be the two brands posted above

Ok IceBreg, I did want to put the 22khz first. Thanks for the tips.

Yes it saids 84e in back I think it does. Here is a pic of it. Well the TEE-COMM LNBD'S I bought are bullet size. 100_0847.jpg

Thanks for pointing that out to me Mikey. I am taking slow was busy today. When I get around to it I'll try it on the 1m PrimeStar i'll try 72W and 83W, Then I can point one of DTV 36" world dish thats on 83W to another sat. I do not think It will work on a DTV 36" dish, 2 linear sats on one I mean_?

Thanks for pointing that out to me Mikey. I am taking slow was busy today. When I get around to it I'll try it on the 1m PrimeStar i'll try 72W and 83W, Then I can point one of DTV 36" world dish thats on 83W to another sat. I do not think It will work on a DTV 36" dish, 2 linear sats on one I mean_?

A 36" dish would work fine, most of my dishes are 80cm and less (see signature below). If you try for 72 and 83 on the same dish, both LNBs would have to be off-centre. An 11 degree span is too great without significant loss for one satellite. General rule I have found is that 6 degrees off-centre is optimal, 8 degrees off-centre can work, depending on the satellite (some can be stronger for your area than others) and the signal quality of the channels you are trying to get. 10 degrees off-centre, expect significant signal loss, sometimes not worth it unless the channel you are trying to get is extremely strong. (NOTE: With an elliptical dish your range is greater.)

For my 58/63/74 dish there is no centre LNB. 63 is not a really strong satellite so it is only off-centre by about 3 degrees (very little signal loss compared to when it was on centre). By moving it 3 degrees off-centre, it meant that 74 (which would have been 11 degrees off-centre, too great a distance) was then only 8 degrees off-centre, much more acceptable, and fortunately, a fairly strong satellite for me.

The way to do it is to move your 83 LNB off-centre (give or take about two inches off-centre) to the right hand side of the dish when facing the dish (higher number always to the right, lower number always to the left), level with where the LNB was on the arm. Then re-point (usually just have to move side to side, not up and down much). Then add the LNB for 72 to the left side and peak it. If 72 is higher in the sky for you than 83, then it has to be lower down on the dish (everything is backwards!). The attached photo shows my 93/99/105 dish, 93 on the left has a higher elevation in the sky than 105 on the right (by just over 4 degrees).

Attachments

• 93-99-105dish.jpg
    93-99-105dish.jpg
    420.3 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
A 36" dish would work fine, most of my dishes are 80cm and less (see signature below). If you try for 72 and 83 on the same dish, both LNBs would have to be off-centre. An 11 degree span is too great without significant loss for one satellite. General rule I have found is that 6 degrees off-centre is optimal, 8 degrees off-centre can work, depending on the satellite (some can be stronger for your area than others) and the signal quality of the channels you are trying to get. 10 degrees off-centre, expect significant signal loss, sometimes not worth it unless the channel you are trying to get is extremely strong. (NOTE: With an elliptical dish your range is greater.)

For my 58/63/74 dish there is no centre LNB. 63 is not a really strong satellite so it is only off-centre by about 3 degrees (very little signal loss compared to when it was on centre). By moving it 3 degrees off-centre, it meant that 74 (which would have been 11 degrees off-centre, too great a distance) was then only 8 degrees off-centre, much more acceptable, and fortunately, a fairly strong satellite for me.

The way to do it is to move your 83 LNB off-centre (give or take about two inches off-centre) to the right hand side of the dish when facing the dish (higher number always to the right, lower number always to the left), level with where the LNB was on the arm. Then re-point (usually just have to move side to side, not up and down much). Then add the LNB for 72 to the left side and peak it. If 72 is higher in the sky for you than 83, then it has to be lower down on the dish (everything is backwards!). The attached photo shows my 93/99/105 dish, 93 on the left has a higher elevation in the sky than 105 on the right (by just over 4 degrees).

Thats great Thanks Keith, I will try it like that first off. Nice set up you have there. Question I have 2 DTV World Dishes 36X22 I think it is. The arm on it has no lnb holders. It comes with a big plastic molded lnb holder with 2 seats for 2 lnb. One on the arm and one about 2 lnb spaces away from the arm facing dish. Not sure if I can hit 2 with it. If so my guess is they would have to be 2 sats about 20 degrees apart. I can get jigsaw and cut out seats so my 2 TEE-COMM lnbd would fit. The lnb that came with it is a very small eagle aspen 1 output lnb. What do you think? 20 degrees might be to much for that dish.

Thats great Thanks Keith, I will try it like that first off. Nice set up you have there. Question I have 2 DTV World Dishes 36X22 I think it is. The arm on it has no lnb holders. It comes with a big plastic molded lnb holder with 2 seats for 2 lnb. One on the arm and one about 2 lnb spaces away from the arm facing dish. Not sure if I can hit 2 with it. If so my guess is they would have to be 2 sats about 20 degrees apart. I can get jigsaw and cut out seats so my 2 TEE-COMM lnbd would fit. The lnb that came with it is a very small eagle aspen 1 output lnb. What do you think? 20 degrees might be to much for that dish.

My mistake, I was thinking you had a 36 inch round dish, since being in Canada, I am not familiar with DTV World Dishes! The good news is that it is an elliptical dish, which is better for multiple LNBs (better at satellite separation which lessens interference from adjacent satellites). The dimensions of your dish (36x22) are close to my Star Choice 75e dish, which measures 35 3/4 x 26 1/2 (and is better than any of my 80cm dishes).

The off-centre LNB holder you mention as being roughly two LNB spaces away would be a lot less than 20 degrees off-centre. With my SC 75e, I have one LNB 6 degrees off-centre which is 2 1/4 inches off-centre, and one 11 degrees off-centre which measures 4 1/2 inches off-centre. Your dish probably would have a similar range in inches.

As far as modifying the LNB holder, that is up to you, I would be more inclined to either leave it alone or remove it entirely and make sure that you replace it with an LNB and home-made holder exactly at the same height and position as the LNB in the holder. If you want to saw off the off-centre LNB holder/seat part, then you could put an LNB close to that side. But that is entirely up to you if you want to modify it! EDIT: Can you post a photo of the LNB holder, so I can have a better idea of what it looks like, would make it easier to make suggestions on possible modifications.

I assume that since it is an elliptical dish that you skew the dish instead of the LNB, the advantage there is that off-centre LNBs still have to be adjusted up and down (and skewed slightly), but nowhere near as much as seen in my above photo with a round dish.

Last edited:
thebaggins, thanks for the link, gives me a better idea about the holder, and will also give Bobbe an excellent example of adding multiple LNBs to his dish.

Here is a pc of dish. I could not see baggins pcs on this browser. I'll try on another one later.
http://directdishpro.com/wp-content/uploads/aes/Direct-Dish-Pro_1819.jpg

I actually was able to get 5 working, the three in the pictures and then two more 105W and 111W by cutting off the off set holder. The best I ever got was 10 degrees from the center LNB but that was a special case. I set it up for a buddy of mine with the center LNB at 105W and then 95W on one side and 113W on the other. It worked because the CCTV mux on 95W is really powerful. More realistically would be 8 degrees from center.

Yes I can see that baggin, the 95W is easy to get in. I was testing with my PrimeStar 1m today. First I tried to, well I had 103W on arm so I to get in 97 wit it but no deal, 97W would not come in. So then I put arm on 101W and tried to get 89W in no go. So just for the heck of it I tried 95W it came right in wit 101W both at a high signal. But I do not want 95W nothing on it now. So then I tried to put arm on 83W having a hard time finding it. So I put arm on 72W and tried to get 63W and 83W no go. So I just put it back on 103W. With my 4 dishes I am hitting G17 91W-103W-101W and 83W, I would like to also have 63W and 72W and 89W and 97W. It would be easier to get all sperate dishes but costly. I'll just take it slow and see what I can do.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)