70+ HD Channels in Engineering Mode

Status
Please reply by conversation.
What DIRECTV delivers versus what is claimed is negativity enough.

Thats the silliest comment I have seen. Its negative to have a list of potential HD channels most of which are 99.99% positive to occur in the next few months with a big wave to come in September. OMG. !sadroll

Without a doubt, its gonna be a fun few months for sure!
Am glad to see some of those new ones though, just to get a little hint that they are in the planning stages is good

Thats how I am looking at it. I didnt think Comedy Central was even a thought but the fact that its on test and a potential list is encouraging. Am I going to denounce Directv if it doesnt show up in September. No. But I am glad it has potential. I like feeling positive.

sweet i saw nhl on the list
does anyone know is that nhl network hd?
right now nhl network on starchoice bell anad canadian cable systems, it just focusses on the 6 canadian teams if the above is indeed true nhl network hd, are they gonna redo that channel and add the american teams?

Stone

I don't know the answer as to what teams they will cover, but I really like surprise addition. I did find this link that may shed some light as to what the NHL Network may look like.

NHL Network (United States) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
I thought D* already carried YES HD and SNY HD on a full time basis(in mpeg-4). Why are they being uplinked a second time?

I am a dish subscriber, but read this with interest. Its a great list of channels; but I do think the question of whether all of those channels will show up in the next month is an good one - as I wasn't aware that several of those channels were broadcasting HD feeds yet.

I hope they are, because it will put pressure on Dish to deliver them too. :)

What I hope doesn't happen is that SD channels are merely upconverted and called HD. Thats not good for any one us, no matter what the provider is. And I don't want a precedent set that others follow.

I thought D* already carried YES HD and SNY HD on a full time basis(in mpeg-4). Why are they being uplinked a second time?
Right now D* only carries the HD version of those channels on spot beams that are only available in the NY area. Those, along with the rest of the spot beamed HD RSNs are being moved to CONUS transponders.

Scobuck has said more than once that there will be surprises and that some of the channels to be lit up haven't been announced anywhere.

Well, I guess we'll see what happens in a few weeks. :)

Regardless, the HD world is getting considerably bigger. And thats a good thing for all.

DirecTV has 70+ HD channels uplinked!

Brian Schneider (I believe its Brian) over at AVSForum has posted that DirecTV has started uplinking more then 70 HD channels on the new DirecTV 10 Satellite!

He has posted a complete list of all the channels as well as a screenshot of them in his guide (they are hidden in engineering more!)

Here is the list of channels
Code:
9800	CSTV
9801 	FSN Midwest
9802	FSN Bay Area
9803	FSN Houston
9804	Disney Channel
9805 	Animal Planet
9806	FSN North
9807	FSN New England
9808	FX
9809	Toon Disney
9810	ESPN News
9811	FSN Northwest
9812	FSN New York
9813	CD USA "The 101"
9814	Cinemax HD
9815	National Georaphic
9816	FSN Pittsburgh
9817	MSG
9818 	MTV
9819	HBO West
9820	NBA TV
9821	FSN Rocky Mountain
9822	SportsNet New York
9823	A&E
9824	Starz Edge
9825	NFL Network
9826	FSN South
9827	YES
9828	Starz West
9829	Starz East
9830	NHL
9831	FSN Southwest
9832	Science Channel
9833	History Channel
9834	Showtime West
9835	Outdoor
9836	FSN West
9827	SportsSouth
9838	Discovery
9839	Movie Channel
9840	Tennis Channel
9841	FSN Prime Ticket
9842	Speed
9843	Fuel
9844	HGTV
9845	Spike
9846	Sun Sports
9847	Starz Comedy
9848	Big Ten
9849	CNN
9850	Comcast SportsNet Chicago
9851	FSN Ohio
9852	Sho Too
9853	The Weather Channel
9854	TBS
9855	Cartoon Network
9856	FSN Cincinnati
9857	Starz Kids & Family
9858	Bravo
9859	Comedy Central
9860	Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic
9861	FSN Florida
9862	TLC
9863	CSN West
9864	Versus
9865	MASN/ SportsTime Ohio
9866	Altitude
9867	Cinemax West
9863	Sci-Fi
9869	MHD
9870	FSN Arizona
9871	Chiller/ SAC MNT
9872	ABC Family
9873	USA Network
9874	Nickelodeon East
9875	FSN Detroit
9876	NESN
9877	CNBC
9878	The Food Network
9879	VH1

Amazing! you can read more about this at D* - Complete List of MPEG4 channels in Engineering Mode - AVS Forum

I see you are pretty much new here but Bschnieder is well known at AVS and other forums! If he post a list what he sees! Its there PERIOD! The guy has never been wrong about HD channels in the past. His word is as good as gold!;)
With a handfull less posts here than yourself, I do have an idea what is going on. This information is similar to the information that comes from JohnH, DigiBlur and others regarding E* uplinks. As RAD points out, uplinks sometimes mean nothing.

Thats the silliest comment I have seen. Its negative to have a list of potential HD channels most of which are 99.99% positive to occur in the next few months with a big wave to come in September. OMG. !sadroll
It is a bad thing to treat uplink reports as proof positive of things to come in the immediate future. It is also a bad thing to assume that channels that D* doesn't carry the SD version of will magically show up in HD on September 12th.

Adding Mankato today as the first HD LIL in over four months must have some who are still waiting fit to be tied; especially after many had resigned themselves to not seeing any HD LIL until after D11 went on line.

Its a great list of channels; but I do think the question of whether all of those channels will show up in the next month is an good one - as I wasn't aware that several of those channels were broadcasting HD feeds yet.
I count at least 29 of the channels as not yet available HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)