722 - Two TVs in the Same Room

vdog16

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 25, 2010
Washington DC
OK here is what I am trying to do. I currently have TV1 in the living room and TV2 in the basement. In preparation for a Super Bowl party, I want to move TV2 up to the living room area as well.

I tried running a coax from the VHF/UHF output on the splitter to the second TV... didn't work.

I tried doing a second split by splitting the SAT signal from the original splitter to both TV1 and TV2... it worked for TV1 and partially worked for TV2, but the picture had static and was in black and white.

I also tried running the coax from the remote antenna connection on the 722 to the second TV and that didn't work.

How can I accomplish this? I just want to run a long coax from the TV1 area to the other side of the room where I will have the second TV.

Put everything back the way it was! The system should function correctly. On the back of the receiver there is a port labeled Home Distribution. Unscrew that cable from the receiver and run a coax from there to your second tv.

Just disconnect the present coax from the Home Distribution output and attach new coax (connected to the TV) when you move the TV upstairs.

DISH NETWORK PRESENTS OWN: OPRAH WINFREY NETWORK

Home media and Hulu

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)