722 Wiring Configuration Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

johnsonjf

Original poster
Nov 17, 2010
DFW
I have a new 722 I'm trying to connect to two TV's. I have a Tubro HD 1000 dish and am receiving a good signal.

The wiring configuration, as instructed by a professional installer, is as follows: Cable connected to the LNB --> Sat connector on diplexor. 1 cable from top output of diplexor to Seperator then two wire from the seperator to the 722 receiver. Cable from UHF/VHF out on diplexor to TV 2.

I called the Dish Network Tech Support center and was told to do the following. Cable connected to the LNB --> Sat connector on diplexor. 1 cable from top output of diplexor to the Seperator then two wire from the seperator to the 722 receiver. Cable from back of 722 receiver, yellow connector, to TV2.

Can someone please tell me what the correct connection sequene is???

Thank you,
Jeff
diverdad84@yahoo.com

Sorry. I'm trying to get my second TV (TV2) to function. The tech who installed the system in my house said I need to run a cable from the diplexor to my second TV and the signal would come back up the cable from the receiver to the diplexor then out to my second TV. It seems the information he told me isn't correct.

Right now I have the diplexor installed. I have a coax coming from the dish, to the diplexor, to the seperator. The seperator has two outputs which attach to the two inputs on the back of the 722. Then from the UHF/VHF output on the diplexor I have coax to the other TV. This is the installation configuration the installation tech said to follow.

After some research and discussion with others I see the diplexor isn't needed and it will be removed shortly. I will take the coax from the dish to the seperator then two cables to the receiver. Then I will run a coax from the Yellow output on the receiver to the second TV. From what I've read this is how it is supposed to be done.

I'll let you know what I discover.
Jeff

Ok, now that I know about this switch do I still need to run the coax to the yellow output or can I leave it the way I have it?

Jeff

For TV2 run the coax from the "Home Distribution" output on the back of your 722. The receiver needs to be in Dual Mode--button is behind that door. The 2nd TV needs to be on whatever channel is selected under Modulator Setup--MENU-6-1-5. Hope this helps!
Ed

Sorry guys but you are all wrong. When using diplexers, you either have two or you have none. The question is, is your feed to tv2 run directly there or are you trying to backfeed to home distribution. For home distribution it should be: cable from lnb to sat side of diplexer, uhf/vhf of that diplexer to tv2 directly to tv. Cable from top of diplexer runs to room with the receiver and into the top of another diplexer. Sat side of this diplexer connects to top of seperator, uhf/vhf side connects to (yellow) home distribution port.

The set up that I have might sound a little confusing but here I go anyway:

Looking at the 722 first; I have 3 wires of importance. First there are two very short coax cables that leave the 722 (the inputs with the picture of a Satellite Dish and the numbers 1 and 2) and go to Dish splitter that's labeled for TV2 and TV1 (same icons are pictured), it looks like a regular 1 to 2 splitter. You are going to hook that splitter to a second 1 to 2 splitter with a red label on it (also from Dish). This splitter is labeled VHF/UHF on one output and Sat on the output next to it. Hook the TV2/TV1 splitter's single input to the Sat output on the red splitter.

Going back to the box, the third wire coming from the box (labeled VHF/UHF, more toward the middle of the receiver). It is a little bit longer and runs from the box to the VHF/UHF output on the red splitter.

The single input on the red splitter will run where ever the signal comes to that TV, may it be from the wall or the floor. In my house, TV2 is in my finished basement. The wire from the red splitter that goes to the source at the wall eventually runs to a third splitter in the basement. This splitter is not labeled from Dish but it has a red label. This time the input is labeled In/Out, the output on the left is labeled VHF/UHF and the output on the right is labeled Sat. The wire that came from receiver and two splitter set up will be hooked up to the In/Out input. The sat output on this splitter is the main satellite feed coming from your satellite dish. This leaves the VHF/UHF output as your source that will go to your 2nd TV.

Setting it up:

On the actual receiver there is a pannel on the right that has buttons in it. Next to the long power button there is a button marked mode. Push that button until the yellow light on the receiver lit under the icon with the two boxes (yellow light closer to the green light).

In your receiver's menu press 6 then 1 then 5. On this screen look at TV2's setting. You see if it's set up for cable mode or air mode, and the channel number that it's broadcasting on.

Go to the 2nd TV. Select cable or air (deponding on which one was selected in your receiver's menu) and do a channel scan. It should find the channel and you are good to go. For any referance, I have mine selected for cable channel 75. The menu displays that info and allows me to change it.

Hope this helps.

Fat Man, you said the same thing I said but in the opposite directions, and with very general wording. On a side note, the second and third "splitters" you mentioned should be the same brand at least or it can cause you problems down the road. BTW, those "splitters" are diplexers, they're pretty nifty huh?

I'll give you one better! I have a triplexer!

One coaxial in from 1000.2 dish to three coaxial out. one to satillite 1 on the back of the receiver, one to satellite 2 on the back of the receiver, and the third coax to home distribution on the back of the 722k receiver. I want to set up 2 tv's to the 722k. I also have a 4900 solo legacy standard definition receiver that will be hooked up to the 1000.2 dish. I'm thinking the 4900 gets hooked directly to the lnb. How do I install the 2 tv's to the722k? I have no idea. Help! The 1000.2 was installed Friday. I picked up the 722k after the dish was installed.
Thanks in advance. I looked in the basement and have a professional installation of the legacy wiring that looks like spagetti.

Dish Dummy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)