722k available Friday Feb 27th?

Probably very limited availability. We got a memo at our office that we're authorized to use 722's in place of 722k's if a work order calls for it. Make sure of what you're getting.
I can see some really mad people if they were told they are getting a 722k and the installer shows up with a 722. Not a good way to run a business.

I think the reason they haven't come out yet is that they haven't come up with a name for it. If we give them some suggestions maybe it will come out sooner. how about Dual Enhanced Antenna Duo

According to the Dish Network tech portal, the name is listed as "ViP 722k DVR DishProPlus SD/HD Interactive TV Two-TV Dual-Tuner IR/UHF Pro Residential/Commercial Receiver". You would think they could have come up with something more descriptive! :rolleyes:

E*'s product description of the 722k: Tech Portal : 722k

anyone installing the 722Ks getting from CSR that the receiver is not in inventory? This has happened to our office multiple times over the past two days so far. I don't understand what they mean by that as the receivers were delivered to us(inhouse techs) from inhouse warehouse but you cannot get them activated for the reasons above. Some we have installed without issues but seems hit and miss with the not in inventory thing whatever that actually means and what it takes to fix. Getting tired of installing receivers to only find out I have to swap it out for another or just a plain 722 instead.

anyone installing the 722Ks getting from CSR that the receiver is not in inventory? This has happened to our office multiple times over the past two days so far. I don't understand what they mean by that as the receivers were delivered to us(inhouse techs) from inhouse warehouse but you cannot get them activated for the reasons above. Some we have installed without issues but seems hit and miss with the not in inventory thing whatever that actually means and what it takes to fix. Getting tired of installing receivers to only find out I have to swap it out for another or just a plain 722 instead.

Known issue. Should be fixed by Tue or Wed.

Got a "plain old 722"

My 622 went kaput Wednesday night. Called DISH and explained the box just kept rebooting, with no screen image. First tech said unplug it from the surge protector and plug it directly into a wall receptacle, might be a grounding issue. Also said cover the IR window, might be errant IR signals affecting it. Of course, this box has been humming along perfectly for several years. Called a second time, was told a field tech could be out in the morning (showed up early afternoon). Tech installed a 722, which works fine, but definitely not a "special K."

Thats odd, I am a tech in Carrollton GA and ALL WE HAVE is 722K's We ran out of 722's on the 25th and I had an install that called for a 722 and the wharehouse gave me a 722k and the csc WOULD NOT ACTIVATE it until the 28th (customer not very happy) And the ONLY two differences between the 722 and 722k is the two ota tuners and the "new" remote with the system wizard that will store all of your dvr timers in the event of a reciever failure...

There are a LOT of differences between 722 and 722k !
Much more then beween 622 an 722.
Just for start - 722k is one chip solution BCM7400 instead of three before - 7038+2x7411/7412.

I would say sort of; one thing is positive for sure - more reliable device and less power consumption, but I'm not holding my breath as knowing Broadcom new chips are buggy. Here is the spec of BCM7400, and you can easily spot updated version - 7400B.

I would say sort of; one thing is positive for sure - more reliable device and less power consumption, but I'm not holding my breath as knowing Broadcom new chips are buggy. Here is the spec of BCM7400, and you can easily spot updated version - 7400B.

Would that help improve picture quality as I have noticed on my new 722k?

In my opinion the 722k looks better in pq. I have a new Toshiba hdtv ,REGZA and it looked a bit crappy on SD channels on the 722 but the 722k the same channel like FX for NIP/TUCK looked clear and no compression artifacts in the background. I changed nothing on the pq controls . I even used partial zoom and the picture looked alright . Using the 722 the week before the pq looked awful on this show .

Moving my Vip622

Question about getting HD locals turned on

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts