722k black and white picture

benzee1

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2011
Cedar Vale, KS
A friend of mine out of state has a 722 (only 1 tv) and last night their picture went to black and white. I had them move RCA connector to TV2 and still b/w. They're getting a 722 shipped but I was wondering if anyone else has seen this problem.

A friend of mine out of state has a 722 (only 1 tv) and last night their picture went to black and white. I had them move RCA connector to TV2 and still b/w. They're getting a 722 shipped but I was wondering if anyone else has seen this problem.

I've seen just about every problem there is. I would have tried another set of cables, and type of cable (go with an HDMI or something, assuming the TV can handle it) before replacing the receiver

Is your friend using component cables? If some of the 5 cables fell off, then that will definitely screw up the colors, though I couldn't call it B&W.

Note that you can't move 5 component cables from TV1 to TV2, since there is no component output on the back for TV2. If your friend was only using composite (red/white for audio, yellow for video), then they aren't watching in HD!

you said rca connectors so they are obviously not doing hd- saw this same exact problem once with the composite connections on a 301. nothing made it display color. the only option was to connect it via coax- of course this was years before HD was what it is now. the problem was the receiver.

they should try every other output possible as suggested- component, hdmi, etc...

How bout trying a different tv real quick just to make sure its not the tv itself that has lost colors.

Or checking the settings on the menu of the tv just to make sure nobody adjusted them on accident. I have witnessed this. And the customer had no clue it got changed.

I tried looking thru my 722 menu and couldn't find anything that could change to b/w. When the tv is turned on, it displays something in color, then when it kicks in to Dish, it goes b/w. My 1st thought was RCA cables. Guess we'll find out tomorrow if the new 722 fixes it or not LOL.

benzee1 said:
I tried looking thru my 722 menu and couldn't find anything that could change to b/w. When the tv is turned on, it displays something in color, then when it kicks in to Dish, it goes b/w. My 1st thought was RCA cables. Guess we'll find out tomorrow if the new 722 fixes it or not LOL.

I meant the tv's menu, not the recievers menu.

Every tv is different, but the usually menus are like under set up or picture.

You could always play a dvd to the tv and see if its in color.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)