722k has L654 now

Yeap, about 4 seconds here too using a 1001, 1002, count. Digital (satellite or cable) is always slower (I suspect it authorizes every time) and then add satellite latency into the mix and fast channel changing is a thing of the past.

Also notice that using remote access on the computer I can now see ALL of my shows on my hard drive including the movies I have recorded on my external hard drive. Also my guide is right on remote access with all the channels I have locked out , locked out on the computer as well. This could be a improvement on the remote access feature itself , but I noticed it after I got the new software on my receiver.

Well, Sundays recording of Defying Gravity crapped out at the 30 min mark, but showed a 1:01 recording time.

We were watching fball on NFL Network, so there was no delete to mess with it. Obviously still has a bug, because I never lost recordings like this with my 622.

Yes, I have noticed quite a few recordings like that lately. Another favorite fluke to me is the 12 minute recordings I am getting on my news show on channel 209 at 5:00am every other morning. I edited my timer to daily , then mon-fri, then new shows only. Still problems. So I changed my remote address for tv 1 and it still stopped at 12 minutes & this time it was stopped by tv 2. So I changed the tv 2 remote control address and KNOCK on WOOD , for the last two days no stopped recordings. Must of been my weird neighbor across the street with his DISH remote.

Tried to find my Today show recording this morning and was not there. Looked in the guide and the Record icon showed there but no recording. Went ahead and hit the record button on the remote and is now showing in "my dvr". Not too sure about this new software release. Also, it seems they tried to "compensate" for the double remote button press. Now it takes two button presses (many times) to make the receiver get your command.

Weird that L6.54 just came down now for you guys. I got my new 722k back on June 23rd, and it had 654 on it from the get go (didnt download it, it came that way out of the box). Wonder how that happened. Wonder if it has anything to do with my 722k being sent from someone in the executive office?

Weird that L6.54 just came down now for you guys. I got my new 722k back on June 23rd, and it had 654 on it from the get go (didnt download it, it came that way out of the box).
New boxes do NOT come with the latest firmware. They have something like firmware v 0.58 or some 'less than 1.0' version. It's basic s/w that has limited functionality that knows how to acquire satellite signals and initiate a full software download. You may have gotten a refurbished unit but even then, L6.54 hasn't been out long enough for it to have rec'd it when it was installed already, break, sent to warehouse for inspection, and sent back out...
Wonder if it has anything to do with my 722k being sent from someone in the executive office?
Ummm, they don't have receivers available to them. They submit an "order" just like a regular CSR and they all ship from one of Dish's warehouses.

Ill do that, but I know for a fact when I hooked it up back in June, and went into sys info, it was 6.54. I even came on here and searched for information on 6.54 and found nothing. now its possible that it downloaded it the very first time, but still, that was back in June.

June ? Where's the thread that lists all of the s/w updates that are in the stream that Dish pushes ? I know RandallA quit doing it.... Did P Smith take it over ?

Nope.

But Dish had own list here and the L654 date mentioned as 8/11/2009.

I have never received L654 and do not see it on the Dish list. However, I do notice version L655 with a date of 8/25/2009.

Were there problems with L654 and it is being replacerd with L655? When I have a few minutes later today I will do an onlince chat with tech support to see if I can get more information.

I still have 652. I'd like to get 654 because I really want to have folders within my groups.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)