722k needs to be reset

Butcha

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 5, 2006
Lennox, South Dakota
The last two mornings I have had to do a reset on my 722k. When I turn on my tv the screen saver banner isn't there. I turn on the receiver and there are no banners displayed. If I push info there in no info, the channels might change if you try. The only thing that works is the main power button on the remote. The buttons on the front of the receiver do not work either. Everything is fine when I shut it off for the night, but it does not work in the morning. I am thinking it is a download issue during the night. Just push the reset and everything is fine.

Will you try running a check switch test? Menu-6-1-1-check switch-test.

Please let me know if any errors come back. You can also try connecting the receiver to another outlet.

Last edited:
If it's when you first turn it on in the morning, it's a software problem. Most likely need a replacement, unless you don't mind resetting it every morning.

I deal with this probably twice a week with my POS 922. Works fine at bedtime, in the morning, black screen, sometimes turning the receiver off and back on cures it but most times a reset is needed and if you've ever done a reset on a 922 you know it takes 15 minutes, I think I need to lose this boat anchor, thing is I get a replacement and a month later it's doing the same thing!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts