722K Screen Shots and Initial Setup Thoughts

I haven't had any more recording issues yet, but this morning I had a real weird one.

I have an auto tune timer to start the local news in the morning. Well it was on the right channel today, but the buffer was acting weird. I couldn't pause, RR, FF or anything. Every time I tried to pause it would show the progress bar and then immediately go back to live TV. I cycled it off and on with the power button (not a reboot) and that didn't change anything. Had to leave for work, so I couldn't do a reboot to see if it recovers.

Edit: spoke to soon. Tried to watch CSI at lunch and it cut off at about the 45 minute mark. The progress bar shows that there is 17 mins left but when it gets to a certain point, it just jumps to the end and asks to start over, delete, etc. Reboot did not help. Now I wonder how many of the other recordings are incomplete.

I sure hope E* monitors this thread as this is not acceptable.

Last edited:
Subbing to the thread, supposed to get my 722k and OTA module tomorrow between 12 and 5. Just finished reading this entire thread, the groups feature sounds very cool and will help my wife and I sort out our junk :)

Glad to see the new software is working well, excited about getting to play with the latest and greatest Dish HW.

I've seen two theories on the OTA module. I assume my tech will put it in first, then power the box. If I run into problems, I should do these steps??:

1) power off box
2) remove module
3) power on box
4) power off box
5) reinstall module
6) power on

??

missed one

Subbing to the thread, supposed to get my 722k and OTA module tomorrow between 12 and 5. Just finished reading this entire thread, the groups feature sounds very cool and will help my wife and I sort out our junk :)

Glad to see the new software is working well, excited about getting to play with the latest and greatest Dish HW.

I've seen two theories on the OTA module. I assume my tech will put it in first, then power the box. If I run into problems, I should do these steps??:

1) power off box
2) remove module
3) power on box
4) power off box
5) reinstall module
6) power on

??

between 3 & 4 run check switch to get an update.

OK. The installer out the module in before booting the first time and I got ZERO channels on a scan.

Powered off, removed the module, powered up, check switch, powered off, installed module, then scanned and found all my channels.

here is 722 vs 722k on SS OTA

CBS--91--90
NBC--99--93
ABC--98--92
PBS--100--97
CW--88--83
FOX--89--82

Not bad, just barely lower

Now thats a beautiful thing (dont laugh at my recording choices :D)

IMG_1904.jpg

Well, nothing on antenna right now that I wanna watch :)

Itll be put thru its paces 3 and 4 recordings at a time rest of the week. TiVoHD wont be retired until it appears to do ok

Well, my 722k has been getting a workout recording 3 and 4 programs at once for a week or so. I haven't had any more partial recording as I complained about above.

I am getting some audio issues when playing some programs back thru my HK 347 receiver (HDMI). When I skip or FF thru the program, I will get a pop or crackle thru the receiver. I haven't been able to lock down what the problem is. It seems to be random. It has done it on programs recorded from OTA, LiL, and regular sat channels. The only thing I can confirm is that if the program does have this issue, it has it all the way thru. If it doesn't have the problem, it's fine all the way thru. I never hear it when using just the TV speakers, but it's using the component for video and rca jacks for audio in that mode.

It's not that bad. It's not loud enough that I think it may blow a speaker.

Other than that, I'm lovin' this machine.

Rob

I've recorded 15 shows since mine went in Monday, and all is well. I have not watched all of them yet, but recording is half the battle right :) (hopefully no black screens on any of them)

My WD My DVR Expander should be in tomorrow.

OK. The installer out the module in before booting the first time and I got ZERO channels on a scan.

Powered off, removed the module, powered up, check switch, powered off, installed module, then scanned and found all my channels.

here is 722 vs 722k on SS OTA

CBS--91--90
NBC--99--93
ABC--98--92
PBS--100--97
CW--88--83
FOX--89--82

Not bad, just barely lower

I find about the same, and said before, the only ones with problems having likely been riding the hairy edge of marginal performance.

Im getting rid of my tivo, so I took the OTA feed splitter out today. That brought all the SS points up another 3, so they are very close to the 722 now.

I find about the same, and said before, the only ones with problems having likely been riding the hairy edge of marginal performance.

No, there was a problem in the first sw version that had things screwed up! It has since been fixed.

I have a question.

I'm getting a 722k with OTA module this week to replace my 510. I have a 622 on the main TV. I'm going to move the 622 to the secondary TV (where the 510 was) and put the 722k on the main TV.

I have an external hard drive hooked up to the 622, now.

Can I transfer stuff off the 622 to the external drive, then transfer it to the 722k?

Or, if I can't do that, can I watch it from the external drive on the 722k?

The answer to both questions is yes, you can transfer to the EHD and then either watch from the EHD or transfer back to the 722k. You also will be able to move the EHD back and forth between the 622 and the 722k.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)