722K software L661

It seems like the volume leveling feature actually works. (Thanks Dish--and it's about time!)

The VOD advertisement in the guide is lame. Thankfully it can be turned off. Also, I don't think it appears if you are using a favorite list that excludes the 501 VOD channels.

Yes, the volume leveling software works great! For the first time in years I don't have to hold my remote control in my hand the entire time I am watching tv. There is no longer a jarring difference in volumes between sd and hd channels . As for the ads in the guide for pay per views , I haven't seen them at all. I wonder if having the pay per view channels locked out, is the reason why I don't see them.

I have the new firmware on my 722k, one thing I noticed is When trying to schedule a DVR event the Receiver no longer defaults to all events. If the event you are setting up to DVR is a new episode the default is New Episodes instead of all Episodes.

John

This is one of the greatest things I have seen in a long time happen, I used to walk around with my remote glued to my hande, but the last couple of days I don't have to worry about that.

When is this coming to the other receivers?

Yeah I'd like to know about this also... I have a 622 and I'd love to have a volume level feature to help with the HD to SD change. For some reason in HD when it goes full digital since I'm using optics my sound receiver is picking it up as being downgraded when I know this had to be caused by a past software change but they haven't been able to tell me or fix it yet.

Is there any way to force the receiver to download the software update? I'd really appreciate the volume leveling software fix. My 722 is still running L625 :(

Has anyone noticed that there is a problem using pause with 661?

When I pause a recorded program and then unpause, it intermittently starts playback at the beginning or at other random spots in the program.

Very frustrating!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)