722K with OTA Module locking up

I'll just chime in and say ME TOO to this bug. Just so Dish monitoring the thread can see more and more people dealing with this.

Had to reset my dad's box last night.
Same problem. Remote totally quit responding as did the buttons on the front.
The Dish software development team is going to put me in an early grave someday.

Well I re-installed my module, cleared my channels and re-added them last week.
So far, no lockups.
At least I know how to "fix" it if it starts happening again.
Thanks for all the input and tips.

Well I re-installed my module, cleared my channels and re-added them last week.
So far, no lockups.
At least I know how to "fix" it if it starts happening again.
Thanks for all the input and tips.

The same thing I did when I had lockups on my ota module back a couple of years ago. Glad it worked.

Have 2 722k's. Have lockups on OTA but not often. Hit DVR key. Video window shows up dark. Press guide key without hitting any other key. Guide shows up. Use cursor keys to navigate to another OTA channel. Hit select. Channel shows up normally. Then recall key to take you back to the original channel. Works for me every time.

Ive been having this problem for over a month now. Got a new box (replacement) 12/24....new box still locks up, ghost rebooting, and info on screen also freezes. had 2 techs out in 2 weeks. Not watching OTA channels when this happens, but I do have a OTA module. sling adapter . Everything is new from the 2nd tech. Even went up in my roof and realigned one of my satellites dishes. I have 2 on my house , one up on top and one on the side to get all the channels. New remotes, wiring...etc...

Add me to the list. Started happening last Saturday. Looked on DishSupport.com and similar issues found there. A DIRT said a firmware update would be coming (????). Not sure if they are on this or not.

I have a 722k with the L750 software - mine has done this locking up on me a couple of times, but I thought nothing about a specific problem until seeing this thread. (Side Note: It's sad when you expect and just tolerate quirks and issues with a piece of technology.) I have noticed that if you wait several seconds (20-30 secs) after a few unresponsive remote clicks, my receiver will "catch up". I now think back to the error of my ways about a year ago - I upgraded from a 625 to a 722k. The tech only had a 722 on his truck and I demanded and got a 722k. After that one failed in March, same thing happened with the tech - I eventually got a 722k. If I had it do all over again, I now wish I had kept the last 722. Yeah, I lose live OTA viewing on TV2 however based upon the performance of my 211 with built-in OTA - I think the 722 (non-k) would not have the OTA module issues. The 211 gets a couple of OTA channels much more reliably than the 722k - then there's the issue that's been discussed in this thread.

Eric

Well, mine has started locking up again.
Not sure if I should try for a new module or not.
Might just delete the locals and keep it till a update comes out.
Kind of sad to have the module and not be able to use it though.

Well, mine has started locking up again.
Not sure if I should try for a new module or not.
Might just delete the locals and keep it till a update comes out.
Kind of sad to have the module and not be able to use it though.

judging from all the posts here, I don't think a new module is going to change things. It seems like a bug, and one poster did say that a DIRT member said they are working on a software fix, so this would confirm that Dish knows this is a bug, most likely introduced with the latest update. So, don't go to the trouble yet. It sounds like we all have to wait patiently for the new software.

I have had this problem with both L690 and now with L750. The banner on the OTA channels will sometimes stay on the screen and the only way to get rid of it is to unplug the receiver and reset it. The guide, menu, and all other commands are unresponsive until I do that. I am on my second receiver and the results are the same and I have even tried another OTA module. Guess this is another software problem to go along with the disappearing movies problem.

I have had this problem with both L690 and now with L750. The banner on the OTA channels will sometimes stay on the screen and the only way to get rid of it is to unplug the receiver and reset it. The guide, menu, and all other commands are unresponsive until I do that. I am on my second receiver and the results are the same and I have even tried another OTA module. Guess this is another software problem to go along with the disappearing movies problem.

Same here.

Does anyone know if there is a way to find out when a fix might be pushed out or is DISH like Apple keeping everything quiet until actually released?

Try to get either a replacement 722k from DISH and or another ota module. Also check your antenna and see if re-aiming it will help get a better signal lock on all your ota locals channels. I periodically have to re-aim mine because of one local that seems to vary in strength .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts