722K with OTA Module locking up

Mine still locks up about twice a week now.
However, I just live with it as I record way to many things from my antenna. I am not about to give up that luxury anytime soon.
Was not even aware the new hopper did not support OTA recordings. What a huge step backwards that would be for me.

Michael,

Mine freezes at least once a day. Same thing, remote freeze, followed by black screen, followed by reboot. All due to OTA. I record too much stuff on OTA and girlfriend cannot watch live SAT channels if I record DVR on SAT instead of OTA. OTA is a great feature, but the problem is that it dosn't work now very well at all. And DISH has no answer to fix it and apparently refuses to offer any credit just lip service.

I have not had any problems this month! I still wonder why some receivers are affected big time, some not so much and like mine rarely or not at all like my other 722. Granted I have avoided live OTA but recently I did do a couple of live OTA programs and nothing happened. Just strange! However, I did manage to get a monthly discount for 6 months.

I use ota everyday during primetime on two of the ota tuners and I use the two sat tuners as well ,giving me 4 shows at a time. I use my receiver in single mode , not dual . I don't have any problems at all with freezes or black screens and I watch live tv as well on my ota tuners. Every day I watch Good Morning America with no problems. Either y'all have bad ota tuners or a bad ota station that is weak in signal. You could also have problems with your ota antenna as well. I had a splitter problem on my Dad's on his 722k and he uses it in dual mode. I took the splitter off and ran from the diplexor straight to his ota tuner instead of a splitter and then one to the tv and one to the ota tuner on the 722k. His problems with ota channels stopped. He had the same setup as me: terk 44 on his sat dish 1000.2 and I have terk 44 on my sat dish 1000.4. You might want to look and see if you replace some of the things I mentioned if your problems go away. IF not replace the receiver itself.

The only other thing I could suggest is to pull the ota module out , reboot by pulling the cord and re insert it and rescan all ota channels. I had problems at first ,when I got my first 722k receiver, until I pulled the module and re inserted it.

Well Mike we have did all that and then some. a couple of 722k's and new everything later and it still happens, all of this since December . I will not go into detail of all I have done , it is posted on here somewhere. Im just tired of the crap that dish tells me. All they want to do is replace the receivor and that is a waste of money and a tech visit. I have now had to dvr all my OTA channels , but when I go upstairs to watch my hubby who is watching downstairs we still get the freezes. So it doesn't matter what we watch DVR -OTA or Live OTA and sat channels we still get the damn freezes. We should be able to watch all of this without the freezing. my hubby likes to watch on sundays......golf on 402 and Nascar on fox -OTA, when he switches back and forth he gets the freezes and I am upstairs watching my DVR shows.
I know Dish is all about the Hopper now and doesn't care about the other receivers but come on...........At least make sure the other receivers are working up to par before you roll out a new BETA receiver.

Mike,
What sorts of problems did you have? Did you have the freezing problem we are having, or something else?

We had the channel drop out on my Dad's 722k and then a yellow screen for lost ota channels. This would happen and sometimes the DISH error message for lost signal : is your sat dish blocked etc. This would happen randomly over and over on almost all his ota channels at different times. On my 722k when I first got the ota module installed I got dropped out signal strengths on certain ota channels and multi path rejection problems.

Well Mike we have did all that and then some. a couple of 722k's and new everything later and it still happens, all of this since December . I will not go into detail of all I have done , it is posted on here somewhere. Im just tired of the crap that dish tells me. All they want to do is replace the receivor and that is a waste of money and a tech visit. I have now had to dvr all my OTA channels , but when I go upstairs to watch my hubby who is watching downstairs we still get the freezes. So it doesn't matter what we watch DVR -OTA or Live OTA and sat channels we still get the damn freezes. We should be able to watch all of this without the freezing. my hubby likes to watch on sundays......golf on 402 and Nascar on fox -OTA, when he switches back and forth he gets the freezes and I am upstairs watching my DVR shows.
I know Dish is all about the Hopper now and doesn't care about the other receivers but come on...........At least make sure the other receivers are working up to par before you roll out a new BETA receiver.

I'm sorry you have problems on your ota module. I'm not having those problems. I do understand your comments on DISH moving on to the newest receiver the Hopper . That is the usual cycle though with DISH . Although the 722k got updates and new features added, before the 922 did for the last two years . Instead of doing away with the 722k, they trashed the 922 and pulled it from market.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)