722K with OTA Module locking up

Same Here, since I have avoided live OTA no freezes!
I had another interesting problem with my 722k that I don't know if related. I had a timer going and decided I wanted to stop the recording, the receiver wouldn't let me stop it, no way, kept thinking something else was watching it. So I went on line with Dish Remote Access and deleted it there, worked like a champ. If my receiver freezes again before I reboot I am going on line and see if I can control it there. But no freezes since avoinding live OTA.
Michael

I have had that issue with my DVR and had to go to TV2 to stop the recording. I also had an issue where the autotune would not work. I think this software has become so complicated and filled wth bugs.

Like I have said before, it seem as if devices which are software controlled are having an ever increasing problem with the software crashing. I think the complexity of the software is getting beyond the programmers ability to control it. Or, the more complex it is the more time they must spend to make sure it works properly and eradicate bugs to prevent crashing. Since time is money the corporate attitude today is to do it cheaply and quality be damned!
Michael

Why should we be forced to do work-arounds with faulty receiver software?
I agree with you 100%. I think the current situation is totally unacceptable. I'm just as upset as everyone else. But what choice do we have until it gets fixed? You can continue business as usual and reboot several times a day. You can cancel. Or you can work around it. In any case we all need to continue complaining loudly because this has gone on far too long.

We know that it is frustrating when equipment does not work properly, and want this fixed as much as you do. This is a known issue, and we have been told that this will be fixed in the next software update for the 722k and 622. Thank you for your patience

After 3 months it is now a known issue. Dish will not work with me just against me. I swear they want me to leave. I do not have the option not to watch OTA but just record. We watch our local news and just about everything I watch is on OTA channels. My hubby watches a few OTA but also switches to golf or history channel during his watching. when he does that we also get a freeze. We are paying to watch and paying good money. We should not conform to what dish wants but to what WE pay for. I am tired of new receivers, cabeling, LNB's, dishes, diplexers.....etc....... I have lost all my recordings 2 times. WHY , should I buy a external HD to move my recordings to ? when they feel the need to send me another receiver with the same problems. Just money wasted which you and I pay for. cut me a break on my bill, don't threaten to turn me off if I don't pay. See Dish you have that to hold over our heads..........I am not in contract, but I think if the 722K worked like it was suppose to , I would have no problem signing another contract.

I am trying very hard to be nice and refrain from being a Bit**. but come on, how much longer until we get the blasted update? All we hear is an update is coming, appease us and let us know a time frame. PLEASE............At least I can tell my hubby and get that 6'3 bald headed man off my back.

As an addition to my last post, we have not been able to confirm that this is an issue with the 922. If you are having the problem with the 922 and OTA module, please send me a PM with your phone number or account number

I know they wont.
But why cant they just roll everybody back to the working previous software release before the L750 fiasco.
My stupid receiver froze up again last night. At least mine is not every day like some peoples.
I watch a lot of live OTA with no adverse effects. So I am not sure if that is really the main cause.

I agree, roll us back. I think it is unacceptable to expect us to pay for faulty service and have to live with a purchased piece of equipment that is unusable due to Dish's software. To make it worse, it won't be available till June and even then we don't know if it will truly be fixed. If I could, I would return my OTA and route the antenna straight to my TV. I know it is not the case but it seems like a ploy to get people to switch to the Hopper system. Of course, OTA does not work there either. It really makes me wish I had switched to the other brand instead of "upgrading" to the 722.

This is directed to one of the dish internet team members: How about contacting someone in engineering, who write the firmware, about the feasibility of rolling the 722's having this problem back to the previous firmware, like right now! Please check into this and report back here.
Michael

I have had a few freezes and lockups this week , but today is Sunday........Its the afternoon and evening of major freezes. I have blessed my 722K this morning and I wanna see what happens ..............lol

Wish. I could avoid live (ota) Hubby switches on Sunday from golf channel (sat) to fox NASCAR (ota) lol. I watch my dvr's upstairs .. I even burned a sage stick to rid evil spirits out.

I think he could do that but then we do not get locals on our bedroom TV, gotta watch my Sundays shows, actually everything I watch is just about on OTA. If he has to switch from sat to ota not using the ota module doesn't he have to switch inputs on the TV to watch all the time . If he has to do that, then I do not think it will happen. He went to bed early tonight ran a marathon 12 miles, and played a round of golf. I'm tired of just watching him...........lol

Switching inputs is usually done with the remote. On my Vizio's it's nothing more than pressing the TV button and to switch back press the HDMI button. On other TV's you may have to go into the menu, but you don't have to go behind the TV and switch cables around, ever. Now I assume you bedroom TV is connected to the 722 via a coax cable and you watch on a UHF channel you have programmed the 722 to put out. In that case you can combine the signal from the OTA antenna onto the cable from the 722 to your bedroom TV. The only thing you have to be careful of is to not have the output of the 722 the same as any of your OTA channels and at least 3 channels away from any OTA channel. If you want more detailed help with this feel free to send me a PM.
Michael

I've given UP!....Last night in the course of 40 min, we locked up 4 times. I pay my bill, but get no help, I'm over the situation. No, I will not get a hopper or a joey, will wait until OTA is supported OR go to D. lol

Yours seems to be one of the "sicker" 722's it is interesting why some are affected so gravely like yours and not so much like mine! I know we will never know the why of this but I sure would like to.
Michael

It's disappointing this hasn't been solved yet. I solved my problem by getting a hopper and watching OTA using my TV's tuner. I can do without recording it until OTA is supported on the hopper. Besides PBS and a few rarely watched sub-channels, most of my OTA use was to handle conflicts. With PTAT on hopper, the conflict issue goes away entirely.

D* was never an option for me for a couple of reasons:
  • Many of the OTA stations in my market are not picked up by their OTA box (AM21) at all
  • They are missing about 30 basic HD channels that I watch
  • Cost is higher in the long run
As to why some are affected more than others, I still think it has to do with signal strength. Weak stations seemed to cause the lockups on mine. If all your OTA comes in strong, you may never see the issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)