771A error

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Allana

Original poster
Oct 23, 2011
WA
Dish: slimline 5, Non-SWM. Simple set up. 3 coaxs in; 2 to a HR21 and one to a H20. Nothing else. Am trying to replace a H20 with a H24 that was recently (last week) used on a SWM system. Much smaller and fits area better. I changed the config to Slimline 5 and multiswitch. The H24 never can verify the configuration and I continually get error 771A messages. Have reset H24 a number of times. H20 works fine on that coax. H24 works fine if put back on a SWM system. Am using BBC when on non SWM.
Any ideas??

Dish: slimline 5, Non-SWM. Simple set up. 3 coaxs in; 2 to a HR21 and one to a H20. Nothing else. Am trying to replace a H20 with a H24 that was recently (last week) used on a SWM system. Much smaller and fits area better. I changed the config to Slimline 5 and multiswitch. The H24 never can verify the configuration and I continually get error 771A messages. Have reset H24 a number of times. H20 works fine on that coax. H24 works fine if put back on a SWM system. Am using BBC when on non SWM.
Any ideas??

Souindslike it's still looking for the SWM PI.
You said it was on a SWM last week ...

I'm guessing your saying that you ran the Repeat Sat Set Up to change to a Non SWM set up.

Check in the menus and see what dish that recvr shows it is currently on.

Correct. It remains on the SWM set up. It will not change to my non SWM no matter how many times I try.

I was, but no longer. Good catch! I looked on-line and D* lists it in my act as a 24, but the sticker says its a 25. Do 25s only work with SWM even though it has a set up menu that lists other options??

Yes, they're SWM. I was curious if it was a 25 after you said it still won't change. Hope that helps fix you're problem.

Yes, they're SWM. I was curious if it was a 25 after you said it still won't change. Hope that helps fix you're problem.

Back in the beginning of the SWM, SOME of the recvrs that were not on SWM, if you put them on SWM, you couldn't get them off, but that was addressed shortly after.

Jimbo said:
Back in the beginning of the SWM, SOME of the recvrs that were not on SWM, if you put them on SWM, you couldn't get them off, but that was addressed shortly after.

Yeah I know but he said he had a 24 and that issue was taking care of well before the 24 was even thought of so it was kind of irrelevant to his issue completely but thanks for pointing that out. Also if somebody has this problem still (highly unlikely) performing a software download fixes it

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts