8/13/2009 11:19am - Uplink Activity Report - 4 changes

D

DigiDish Uplink Report

Original poster
SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 8/13/2009 11:19am - 4 changes

Uplink Comparison Range: 08/13/2009 11:04A - 08/13/2009 11:19A

Channel Removals:
7712 - WGEM (NA) removed from Echostar12 61.5W TP 01 Spotbeam 14(Quincy, IL-NBC)
7093 - WSJV (NA) removed from Echostar12 61.5W TP 13 Spotbeam 11(Elkhart, IN-FOX)
7280 - WKOW (NA) removed from Echostar12 61.5W TP 05 Spotbeam 11(Madison, WI-ABC)

Channel Type Changes:
156 - MUSIC Echostar6 72.7W TP 07 ConUS beam changed from MPEG4 SD to MPEG AUDIO (A)

Channels in the system: 6616
(A) = Available to subscribers
(NA) = Not Available
(H) = Hidden from non-subscribers

He forgets that the routine that to check for new uplinks is only runs every 15 minutes.

Its almost an instant update... but not quite. :)

Where is WTHR NBC HD for Indy? The SD contract with Dish ends 31 August. They have only been in negotiations with Dish since May of 2006 to provide the HD feed!!! C'mom Charlie, bite the bullet and make us happy.

boo

He forgets that the routine that to check for new uplinks is only runs every 15 minutes.

Its almost an instant update... but not quite. :)
I did check the forum and found nothing; that's why I posted by myself.

Don't need to put your words in my mouth - if not banned, I'll say it by myself ! ;)

As to the time difference - yeah, you know it taking a few minutes for human to start the process . [Strange to hear about the minutes delay from a person who wrote similar program. Tell me how much time your program take for load and parsing and reporting ? My is doing that in less then one minute]

I did check the forum and found nothing; that's why I posted by myself.

Don't need to put your words in my mouth - if not banned, I'll say it by myself ! ;)

As to the time difference - yeah, you know it taking a few minutes for human to start the process . [Strange to hear about the minutes delay from a person who wrote similar program. Tell me how much time your program take for load and parsing and reporting ? My is doing that in less then one minute]

I can't seem to find your less than 60 seconds report online anywhere. ;)

You're comparing apples to oranges on the apps due to the processes involved. I haven't seen yours but I believe it is safe to say it does quite a bit more.

what issue ? telling you all - when I did check the forum aroung 9:10 plus something no report was there - see, the updates was at 9:10 PDT !
simple as reading

I can't seem to find your less than 60 seconds report online anywhere. ;)

You're comparing apples to oranges on the apps due to the processes involved. I haven't seen yours but I believe it is safe to say it does quite a bit more.
yes, in that part what sending your report to the site - I'm doing that MANUALLY

yes, in that part what sending your report to the site - I'm doing that MANUALLY

But if I had to guess, it probably takes about 2-3 minutes to parse the data, match up the beam maps, cities, affiliations, build the board report, build the plain text report for email/logging, organize the report, format the text/colors, email the changes to myself, text message me, update TheList database, and post the report.

Perhaps my report could come early - I'm getting the update same minute, your process started 15 minutes later.

Let's see how fast you whip up a formated easy to read uplink report, with colors and links to spotbeam maps, with accurate satellite transponder information and a lookup of where the local channels are broadcast from.

I bet the uplink tool wins everytime. :)

Stop whining about the uplink reports, if you dont like the way we do them then let me know and I will remove your access to the uplink center forum so you don't have to be bothered by them anymore.

Remember these are not Datastream reports, they are uplink reports that are geared twards consumers who wouldn't have the foggiest idea what a 0100 is in your reports.

Let's see how fast you whip up a formated easy to read uplink report, with colors and links to spotbeam maps, with accurate satellite transponder information and a lookup of where the local channels are broadcast from.

I bet the uplink tool wins everytime. :)

Stop whining about the uplink reports, if you dont like the way we do them then let me know and I will remove your access to the uplink center forum so you don't have to be bothered by them anymore.

Remember these are not Datastream reports, they are uplink reports that are geared twards consumers who wouldn't have the foggiest idea what a 0100 is in your reports.

OH SNAP!!! :D:D:D